Should I buy ToEE?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by soulbutter4394, Nov 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

The only way I found to beat Kangaxx was pure cheese: use a scroll of protection from undead on every party member but one, and have that one use a scroll of protection from magic. Kangaxx will ignore everyone else, and try to cast spells that all fizzle on the one character. Meanwhile, all the ignored characters just beat on him with +4 or better weapons until he drops - the improved Mace of Disruption and Carsomyr are great for that.

Really lame, but I couldn't figure out any other way to beat him...

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Exit area - rest - come back, then start the battle over is one trick I used. That way he loses all the buffs he has from the start.

I never had that many +4 wpns in BG2 >___>

3. VentilatorOfDoom

VentilatorOfDoom Member

omg, you just use a mage, memorize a couple of Spell Immunities, and then cast SI:Abjuration which prevents abjuration spell like Imprisonment obv, then you strike him with melfs minute meotors, they strike as +5. Easy.

4. Thorsson

Thorsson Established Member

Yes, once you know the way it's easy. Before that it's very hard (or try to tell me it worked on the fly, first time, because you just happened to have the right spells memorised).

I managed to beat him without resorting to those tactics, but only just and after a reload (or two).

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I beat his first form laying traps where he first appears. The combined damage takes his humanoid form down pretty quick.

I took out his Demilich form using just Minsc with Berserk activated. Makes you immune to his Death and Imprisonment spells. Dual wielded, using the Mace of Disruption and something else that escapes memory right now.

It was my fourth play through before I finally hit on this combo.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Fourth playthrough? Gee, you're one dedicated player, aren't you. I gave up on the chapter 3 of my second playthrough, it was getting too boring to do the same stuff all over again, and there's pretty much little variation depending on what you do...

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

What can I say, all the BG games have a soft spot in my heart. :love:

There's still quite a few story lines I've yet to experience, so whrn I feel the pull of gaming nostalgia....

Our Host!