um... what happened?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Atraeyu, Nov 10, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

it says there are 3000+ threads in the temple of elemental evil forum, but theres only one and a half pages available for viewing for me. is this a general forum change or is there some viewing option i can change, maybe my computer?

help. :confused:

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Nothing has changed. This is posted as a thread under "Temple of Elemental Evil".

What is the title of the page and a half you can see?

What happens to your cursor as you move it across the page?

3. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

I know, "Temple of Elemental Evil" says it has over 3800 threads. Its what im posting in now. Right now im at the top of the forum page under the long list of stickied threads. The problem is Im at the top of Page 1. this is good. the fact that it says im on Page 1 of 2. is bad. there should be more than 2 pages of threads if there are 3800+ of them. the 2nd page only has about 5 threads, its more like 1 and a quarter pages, inside the Temple of Elemental Evil section of the forums.

I dont understand your question about my cursor but i think you misunderstood the question. either way, its obviously something weird with just my computer.... hmm...

if anyone has any ideas, theyre more than welcome.

EDIT: the last 2 threads i can see on Page 2 are "Create an NPC List?" and "Thanks and suggestions". Im assuming the start of a new thread will drop the last one into the oblivion the rest of thousands of threads seem to have fallen into.. *sigh*

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  4. GuardianAngel82

Well, yours seems to be identical to mine. Except there is one more thread called "Thanks and Suggestions", started by Gordo. So there may not be anything wrong with your computer.

In general, nothing older than 30 days is shown in a forum. If you want anything older than that, you may have to practice the arcane of "Search". ;)

(Check the controls at the bottom of the page.)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  5. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

Oh so there are only 2 pages. two immediate pages anyway, but the rest are available through the Search function. okay, didnt know that. all the forums i usually go to have pages that go back to the very first thread ever made. The only forums i go to pretty much being either gamefaqs or wizards lol. but still, this is a new concept for me.

good enough though, Search function saves the day again. Thanks Guardian.

6. GuardianAngel82

No problem! All of us have a hard time hunting down old posts that we don't quite remember, so Good Hunting!

7. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

In Display options at bottom of the screen with all the threads, you see From The -option which is set by default to "Last Month". Change that to "Beginning" and it will show 129 pages. :D

8. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

129 pages is freaking GRRRRRRRREEAATT!

Our Host!