Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Okay, thanks for all the input.

I will work on the following things:

1) Random Encounter Problem

I know what the problem is, I just need to find a better solution I guess. That should not be hard.

2) Spiritual Weapon dismiss problem. (this was a good find, would have been easy to miss)

I hadn't thought of that. I will have to work on it. I think I can find a fix for that.

3) I have not worked on the other kids in Hommlet yet. So those quests/kids are still to be fixed or added.

- Livonya

2. Livonya

This probably isn't due to my mod.

Those brown bears are always there. They appear (crawl out of their caves) when you attack Jaroo. That has always been the case.

I have a feeling that the Silence Permanancy bug caused him to go hostile.

I may have to move this fix to a different NPC if that is the case, though perhaps the Silence Permanancy Bug would make any NPC go hostile. Not sure.

That is an interesting problem. Not even sure how to work on it as replicating it to get a test environment would seem near impossible.

- Livonya

3. Livonya

That is a really weird image. Definitely.

That is not happening with my game.

I take it this never happened before?

Have you ever used the Temple.dll fix before?

Did you have a previous install that used that fix?

The Temple.dll fix did include some changes to two graphics files (something I did not do) and those files might be the source of the problem, though that is only a guess.

Let me know if you ever used that fix before.

- Livonya

4. Livonya

But the difference is that you are a live thinking human being. When you DM you can decide what will be a challenge and what won't be a challenge. So you can make a challenging event that has a decent CR so that you get both a challenge and a nice experience gain that doesn't go too fast.

When I am writing code I have no way of knowing where a party is at, how many people are in the party, so I can't do what a live DM can do.

- Livonya

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Feldrin

In the battle with the airtemple guards, their commander Feldrin never appears. He's not on the initative bar and never shows up. He was not amongst the dead bodies at the end. His chest was still in the guardroom, but had to use knock because no key. Is this a new thing or a bug? He had some nice loot, magic longsword, rings, etc, so it's not something I would miss. I went back and checked 3 times. No Feldrin. PS. I checked the logbook/ego section and he's not listed. I went back again and the area is totally cleared. No Feldrin.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  6. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I understand that, but the system already takes the party level and compostion into account with the CR and XP system. If the party is higher level, they get less XP. If they have more people, the XP award is smaller per person. Like I said, my biggest problem is consistency. This enemy is just as tough as this other enemy, but you get a small percentage of the XP from one of them.

That said, I do like what you did with him. Changing his longsword to a rapier was a pleasant surprise (both because it fit what a Rogue would use and because there aren't any magical rapiers in the game that I know of.) I'm assuming he has weapon finesse now?

7. SadExchange

SadExchange Member

Would it be possible for someone to create a new topic for all the fixes, not description of things wrong like this thread, but for the zip files so people can download them easily there instead of sifting through multiple pages looking for the most up-to-date fixes? Thanks. Played TOEE last night with this new mod last night for awhile and loved it so far.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Some time back, Lord_Spike reported bizarre graphical anomalies using Atari patch 3 and moebius' temple.dll together. You don't have Atari 3 installed instead of Atari 2, do you?

9. Profitjesus

Profitjesus Member

Flying rivers back in place

No I didnt.......Or perhaps I did with the version I uninstalled before reinstalling the game with this Mod.
    Anyway, I uninstalled everything again, removed anything with "TOEE" or "Evil" in the registry, installed again and now the river is back in place.
    Thanks for your quick replies though. Much appreciated!

10. Sheriff05

Sheriff05 Member

Custom Pics fixed, Turn Undead Question?

Fixed my custom pic issue, I had a screwy portrait.mes with some test lines i that for some reason worked fine with 3.0.4 but I redid it for liv's mod, started a new game and no crashes with custom pics.

Turn Undead- has this been changed? my 2nd level Cleric can't seem to turn the zombies in the moathouse basement?, The log book still says "CR 0" but I see some of them have almost 30hp, have the CR's been bumped up manually where they harder to turn? and it's just the log book stats that haven't been changed? wondering.

11. Kalshane

What's your cleric's charisma modifier? Turning undead is a Charisma based check on a d20 roll. It's also possible you're just getting a crappy roll. My cleric had no problems turning the zombies in the moathouse (though he also had Improved Turning.)

12. Sheriff05

Sheriff05 Member

He's a dwarf (13 cha) so only +1, but there is no "turn undead" roll showing up in side bar when I cast the spell, I tried all 4 times... and nothing its weird as shouldn't the actual die roll be shown? , Ill test this with another character and see if it exclusive to him.

13. Kalshane

I've never checked to see if the roll shows up in the window. All I do know is that game-mechanic wise, it's a 1d20+Charisma mod roll to determine how powerful of undead you can turn, then a 2d4+Charisma Mod+Level roll to determine how many HD worth of undead you turn.

14. Livonya

I didn't do anything with the CR and I didn't change the way Turn Undead works.

However, I did add +5 hit points to all undead as Troika gave all Undead creatures -1 Constituition which was making them have much lower hit points than they should have had (in my opinion). The -1 Constitution was giving them all -5 hit points so I gave them +5 hit points to balance that to 0.

A thing to note is that when you use Turn Undead no information is given about what is happening. I have no idea what is happening or how Troika determined the success or failure of the Turn Undead attempt.

In my opinion I have done absolutely nothing to change the way Turn Undead works.

At one point I tried to see if I could change it, but simply could not figure out how it works. I am not convinced that Troika followed the rules or implemented it correctly... in my opinion Desecrate does nothing to protect Undead from Turn Undead...

- Livonya

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That sneaky assassin! Not only did he sneak attack Spugnior for 25 HP (killing him outright) he proceeded to unleash 4 attacks against my druid (killing her outright too)!

Suppose that'll teach me not to travel around the world map without buffs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!