kotb quests ( what now)?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by jadedjim, Jun 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

LOL. Ted, you must add a therapist to the Keep. ;)

2. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

By the way, a handy hint is that elves will automatically search (and find) for the secret doors that typically can only be found with the concentrated search tool. They just need a high enough rank in search, which isn't too hard considering they get a +2 racial bonus as well. Just thought I'd mention it.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Eh? Are you saying the search tool needs to have that element added? Or a tip for players?

Asklepius - I do hope to do a 'all the goodies in the Demo' post one day, I suspect there is a lot in there most folks never see, but they are mainly little things. No one has ever mentioned the almost constant references to song lyrics.

4. internaughty

internaughty Member

I want to start by saying thank you for breating life into an old game I adore! The new module is fantastic. Can't wait for something like tomb of horrors :) I am trying to finish arachnaphobia with a level of 1.11. I am only finding 7 spiders, not including the queen up top. The black widow is missing. There is Prince Leopold, but none of the other monsters that were previously present. There is one spider down below and the earth elemental is missing. I am wondering if there is anything that can be done, or has anyone else seen this? Thank you Ted for all of your work! I anxiously awai your feedback.

5. internaughty

internaughty Member

There is one spot on the map which I can not uncover, it is the space between the queen and the end of the big maze. Is there a way to get there and I have not found it?

6. internaughty

internaughty Member

Half elves can speak spider. BTW, if you sneak into the lizard-men's lair without killing any of them, they still say you killed my people. (My new party all started as rangers and rouges, stealth rules., i wonder if this a bug - it is an unlikely scenario) To get the queen's eggs, you need to vistit the lizardmen, who will not give them to you (without violence) until you kill the dragon... Looks like I will return to the harpies... I just wonder if getting the queen her eggs will satisfy arachnaphobia, becaue there are only 7 spiders other than her I have found...

Thanks

7. Shiningted

7 spiders sux: there should be a least 10 on that map (plus the queen). I wonder if Price Leopold is doing his job? Hmmm... to make sure, could you do a small test for me? Go to

modules/ToEE/rules/maplist.mes

and go down to line 5069. Insert

Flag: UNFOGGED

somewhere appropriate in that line (cf the lines around it). Don't forget the comma.

Run the game (you may have to execute a map transition to make it work, Ie go on and off the map - try to use a save game that did not start on the map in the first place) and you should be able to scroll around and see how many spiders there are. Please let me know your results.
    Heh, I tought I took that into account. Well, there you go. I will fix it.

8. internaughty

internaughty Member

I will start a new game for this test. I am a programmer, is there anything else I might check for this issue? I follow directions well.

9. internaughty

internaughty Member

SO there are the 3 spiders that you first encounter next to the rocks and the spider silk. There are 3 others, the queen, and one that appears when you are exiting the catacombs.

I am running, 1.11. What do you suggest? I got the rar file from ModDB if I am not mistaken. Is there something I need to check for you? Is it Father's day in Oz on sunday? If it is, have a great one.

10. Shiningted

Thanks, but no, its not til September. Have kids in August, I did :)

And thanks for testing that, I will give it a run myself because it sounds problematic. Ummmm... I WILL have something else for you to test re Prince Leopold, but not now.

And a spoiler for Flay, if you want it:

Don't give the Queen all the eggs.

11. internaughty

internaughty Member

Yes please, anything you can give. I have noticed that there is generally a cat close to where the party enters a map. What is the story there?

I do not mind spoilers
    JJG

12. idumnorix

idumnorix Member

Has there been a fix made for the Arachnaphobia quest?? I thought of going in and throwing some spiders around the grove, but stepping on anyone else's work (and the fear of screwing it up) stopped me in my tracks. Great, great great job otherwise by the way - it sounds from reading previous posts that the spider quests were working better before the 1.11 add-on...not pointing needles...just stoked on the game - I bought ToEE vanilla just to play KotB - first module I ever saw 26 or so years ago!!! Cannot wait for the finished product, and just may shelve the game until it does as not to spoil the freshness of playing!

13. idumnorix

idumnorix Member

What's weird is I loaded the game again (i had gone and activated the 5.8.1NC mod) - I went and re-activated the Keep module because I found it much more interesting...and suddenly there were fricken spiders everywhere!!!!!
    I don't know what is going on now, but I can't save, enter a building or change maps without the game crashing to desktop...the CTD will make me quit again, hoping for a non-demo version, until then, I will probably play the abovementioned mod. Thanks forall of the work on this beautiful rendition of a favorite - music, models, changes, dialogue - if ever there is a finished product, I would certainly pay for it.

Our Host!