Paladin in party - can I do the temple quests? (spoilers probably)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by azziane, Sep 13, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. azziane

azziane Member

Just, finally, arrived at the temple. I have been sent there both by Wat and the bouncer guy so I can go to the earth or fire temple I think.

I tried both, and both get me started off with a high priest giving me a more-than-a-little-shady quest.

I am wondering a couple things:

1)Can I do these quests with a paladin in my party?

2)If I cannot without "falling", then what am I supposed to do? Storm the whole place and massacre everything in sight, shedding a river of blood? I am kinda partial to that option, but:

3))I decided, in the meantime, to just explore around. I found a door to the side of the main temple door and went to the first level (earth I guess). What will I miss by NOT doing the Highpriest quests?

I do not mind spoilers if they are required to answer my questions, but if you can keep it to a minimum I would of course appreciate it.

2. oudeis

oudeis Member

The only time I got as far as the upper Temple was using the 5.0x Modpack, and my Paladin fell from grace because of a simple, non-evil quest from a Temple priest to go kill a (non-good) animal. I'm not certain when it happened- it might have been upon completion, but I have a dim memory of her losing her Grace merely by accepting the quest, and she wasn't even the party leader or the one who spoke to the questgiver. I don't know how Modpacks 5.5 or 5.6 handle this, however.

3. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

The Temple is both Evil and Caotic. A Paladin who accepted any kind of quest from one of its follwers should be cast from his Paladinhood and forsaken by his Deity. Fortunatly for you Terjon can fix you back up.

The temple quests were designed for differnt alignments, although a few of them can be accepted with LG characters.

4. oudeis

oudeis Member

I thought the Temple was LE?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

CE, like Iuz and Zuggy - thats why all the various temples (Earth, Air etc) are at each others' throats.

6. azziane

azziane Member

Just to make sure I got this right:

1)If I do the High priest quests, I will fall from grace.
    2)Except for a few quests but I don't know which, and am not supposed to know which unless I read a spoiler somewhere

3)So a Paladin who does not want to fall from grace should just storm the place and kill everything in sight? Anything that attacks me first, anyway.

Right?

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The game is basically written for good against evil and it holds paladins to a high standard. So pretty much, a paladin will fall because of any dealings with evil. Use the holy sword and slug it out.

8. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

If you have a paladin in your party you are limited to a full frontal attack. Just go in and wipe all that evil, but be carefully all the "evil" inhabitants are not what they seem to be.

Our Host!