Lost a disc.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Atraeyu, Sep 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

So hopefully you can't be TOO overtly angry about this, seeing as the title tells most of the issue here. I love this game, I've had it for years, I've installed and uninstalled it about 5 or 6 times over that period. Well, I'm ready to install again but I seem to have lost the Install Disc, I do have the Play Disc however. So I'm not sure it can be discussed on here, but I really did purchase the real game, at no discounted price at the time I might add heh; so if possible, could someone direct me to one of those sites where I'd be able to download the install half of the game without the disc?

I honestly don't know much about that stuff, and I'm really not trying to trick anyone, I'd actually prefer it wasn't one of those no-cd torrents I keep finding because the whole reason I want to play so bad is to try out all of Co8's new content and mods, which I've read you can't use in the no-cd versions.

Anyway, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by asking for something like this, also I apologize if it's posted in the wrong place, but I'd truly appreciate any help in this.

Thanks!

2. Zanderat

Zanderat Cosmic Lord

You can buy the game legit from Amazon for $3.99......

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Hmmm. This is interesting. If you get a cracked version of the game by downloading it or any other way than buying it, is it a crime, considering the parent company is no longer around? Not saying that I need to do that, mind, but this question just came to me after reading the original post. Is it public domain or something when the company or whatever it is is defunct? Or maybe Troika was bought out by another company and the other company would be mad for not getting any monies for that copy of the game?

4. Atraeyu

Atraeyu Member

I know I can get another copy cheap, just hoped there'd be a less active and more expeditious alternative. I never asked to be lazy, just happened..

Anyway, is there S&H with Amazon? I had already looked on eBay, about the same price you said, but another 3 or 4 for S&H. I'll wait an hour or so before ordering it on the off-chance there is a way to do this, doubtful though :tears:

Thanks.

EDIT:

Is it really a crime if you've already bought it? I do have the actual product too (or at least half, on me.)

Most of those cracked things have disclaimers as such: "these are for backups to games that have been legitly purchased etc etc so on and so forth." Which I have, I wouldn't mind all that much being a bit shady in this in order to play by the end of the day, but for whatever it might be worth, I DID actually buy the game.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You bought the game but then lost half of it. I'm sure software makers don't assume any responsibility for such accidents. It's not like you'd get a replacement shoe for free if you bought a pair and lost one.

As Zanderat says, ToEE is cheap cheap cheap. Buy another copy and forget about it.

The copyright for ToEE is held by Atari and is still active, and I'm certain they would guard it jealously and want all proceeds in their pockets, even if ToEE is no longer a big revenue generator.

6. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Copyrights laws can be confusing. In the case of TOEE it is not. Atari owns TOEE. Atari still exists. Troika is defunct, but Troika never held a license for D & D. Atari does. TOEE was a work for hire by Troika for Atari. In fact if you look at the box art you will not find Troika's name anywhere. Troika appears in the manual and beginning/ending game credits. Simply buy a new copy. It is as everyone has said cheap!

Our Host!