Circle of Eight Modpack 5.6.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Aug 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I've been to Emridy Meadows and fired projectiles all over the place without incident. Is there anything else notable about your circumstances?

I'm sure this is due to his initiating dialog from his heartbeat. I don't think the reward party encounters were designed for anything other than giving you the rewards.

2. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack Bug Report Thread

I do like what you've done with Jayfie. Much more interesting than before.

3. EdCon

EdCon Member

I have had the same masterwork items issue-first time I asked after turning in the head, no items. I rested, went to another map, came back, they were there (no masterwork glaive or bastard sword though ;). After that it respawns the initial offering (pre-masterwork quest) even though the dialogue is "let me see your masterwork items".

On the plus side, this means I don't get that annoying as hell error "no room for that item" when I try to sell a hundred piece of junk weapons. So the constant refresh comes in handy :)

-EC

4. draxion

draxion Member

A couple of bug reports here... same thing with the smith (masterwork item problems...he has them at first but if you leave hommlet and come back they just disaper)

another bug is if youre playing a solorun ("osolomio") ...tried with a cleric and If the combat turn end with a Aoo kill then your character can not make any movement ( only way out this is to make an action of Turn undead)

5. draxion

draxion Member

all right clever clogs! how do you rescue Prince Thrommel ( got search of 15, detect secret doors and disple magic no avail is this a bug or not)....

this is a different team to the previous solo effort

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Draxion,

I had that same problem with being unable to move with my solo cleric in 5.5.0 so it is not 5.6.0 specific. I was able to 'break free' by sneaking.

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

• Typo in Jayfie dialogue - "stairs at you blankly" instead of "stares"
    • No skill checks at all in Jayfie dialogue...?!
    • Fine scale mail = chain bikini...?!
    • Since the Cabinet Maker's standpoint has been moved to his workshop, the signpost coordinates for the cabinet maker should be adjusted accordingly.
    • What TRC said about Jayfie - the has_met() condition strikes again. Consider revising it.
    • I'd prefer if the Imeryds combat stay the same as Vanilla.
    • I'd prefer Grud and Preston Wetz's night transfer be undone.
    • Queen Tarah story... :eek:_O:

8. Gaear

Kind of makes you have to do the thinking yourself, doesn't it? ;)

That armor has been around for a long time and is indeed scale mail. The 'fine' was an arbitrary name change to differentiate between variations, based on there being other 'fine' armors that look different but aren't actually any different from their basic types, from memory. Would you like it to be called something else?

That's actually a bug and will indeed be fixed.

This was not changed :scratchhe ... at least not in 5.6.

Can you give reasons why? This was already discussed fairly widely in the Nulb Input thread.

I take it this means you don't like it? :eek:_O:

9. Sitra Achara

So, was the reason that you didn't want players to know what the 'success' option was? (as indicated by the skillcheck icon)
    Anyway, I recall you saying you were going to start a thread on this, now's a good time as any :)

Drafty chain? :p

Oops, I meant the Imeryds combat music. I liked the old, regular version.

To reduce amount of walking required when you enter Nulb at night (or alternately the amount of clicking required to pass time). I'll check the thread.

After reading the Brothel dialogues, I was just... :twitch:
    Really, I think it should be toned down a little.

10. Gaear

That's a part of it, also that there weren't necessarily any automatic success options, which I think may add to the variablility any given dialogue (e.g., does anybody select "You are a fool and I know I'll botch the quest if I say this!" when there's a "[use diplomacy] You are obviously a man of great integrity, perhaps I can help you and gain XP ..." line right above it?)

Anyway, I have to figure out exactly what I think about that whole part of the ToEE mechanic before I post about it, and I'm feeling kind of foggy today for some reason. Sorry.

I always found Cujo's rationale compelling: if you look good, you win. ;)

I like the regular version better too (the Nulb version, which that serves as, is kind of crappy imo). But I tried to 'redistribute' the resources more evenly so we wouldn't hear the same old stuff so often. Imeryd's Run got absorbed by Nulb since they're in the same vicinity. I suppose we could just switch it back, but I kind of like the notion of there being audio cues to give you a sense of where you are - just like when you hear the familiar Hommlet strains you know you're in a friendly place.

Speaking of that, how would you feel about expanding the signposts to include basically every possible destination in Nulb and Hommlet (and Verbobonc)? I suppose some people may enjoy just walking around, but there's got to be a lot of players who would rather just go straight to where they're going. That would solve the Grud/Preston issue.

I agree that it's pushing the limit, but when you consider that it's attempting to provide justification for the existence of a 20th level character (something approaching god-like status) waltzing around the flaeness, it might seem more in-line. Such a character had better be pretty damn extreme or they won't be believable. :)

11. Sitra Achara

My vote goes to changing it back.

I don't want a huge list of locations, it'll just end up being confusing IMO. Nulb could tolerate another page, though, I suppose.

Try posting it up for review, see if people like it.

12. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    Just a quick question. According to an earlier post in this thread, the Moathouse respawn is gone. Is this true ?? The reason I am asking is because, I went back to the moathouse, walked in Lareth's guardroom, and surprise, surprise, there was the witch and her group. I even double-checked to make sure that the active module is 5.6 Beta (I know somebody will ask).
    TRC

13. Sitra Achara

I can confirm this. The spawn script should probably be commented out to prevent this.

14. Sitra Achara

Re: 5.6.0 Questions and thoughts

Heh, has anyone tried typing game.areas[14] = 1 in the console?

15. Gaear

I was wondering when that would get out. ;) It's probably worthwhile to the curious.

Re: the respawn, that's bizarre, as I (thought I) removed all the spawners from the Moathouse maps. Must have missed that one, sorry.

Are you sure it would be confusing? I'd think players would just click until they see what they're looking for.

The more I think of it, it sounds like it's sort of offended your sensibilities, which is exactly what I was trying to do. ;) So I'm more inclined to think I've hit the mark. Thanks for the feedback either way.

Our Host!