Circle of Eight Modpack 5.6.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Aug 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Did everything as usual. He said come back later, etc. Just didn't trigger I guess. I just finished level 4 so i'll start a new game and try again.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Heads up:

This chest in the shopmap is bugged. If you buy stuff out of it and then choose to 'rest until morning,' the game will CTD. It remains to be seen if there is any impact from this beyond the shopmap.

Attached Files:

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The trouble with the timed event thing, is that it ALWAYS works when you test it, and doesn't always work when you just normally play the game.

Personally, I don't trust it one iota. In my mods I implemented timed events manually via heartbeats and recorded time stamps (i.e. I just save the game time into a global variable and compare it with present game time). At the very least it's more 'debuggable' since you can read the timestamp later on if something happens to go wrong.

The relevant command is:
    Code:
    game.time.time_game_in_seconds(game.time)
    E.g. suppose you recorded the instant you gave Smith the giant's head into global_vars[567], you would then insert into his heartbeat script:
    Code:
    if game.time.time_game_in_seconds(game.time) > game.global_vars[567] + 24*60*60 and game.global_vars[567] > 0:
         respawn inventory...
         game.global_vars[567] = game.time.time_game_in_seconds(game.time) # so that next respawn will take place 24 hours from now
    All the council and Temple time-dependent scripts I've done look roughly like that.

4. wizgeorge

On a new game and Bro Smyths masterworks appeared on the first try but the standard inventory later on. Looks like it triggered initially but no respawns later on. Maybe I got a corrupt download, but everything else works fine.

5. Gaear

That's particularly odd. It should only respawn once and then permanently be masterwork.

6. wizgeorge

Third try and same thing. Masterwork on the first visit and none later on. No protos or console fiddling or any such thing. Just as downloaded. Every thing else works fine. I'm going to do some Witcher and Medal of Honor for awhile, then do a totally new re-install/download and clean-up my files. With the mess i've got it could be anything. The file clean-up is long overdue. Just ignore anything I say until I get organized.

7. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

Was Jay's sheep quest intentionally modified?

8. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yes it was.

9. maalri

maalri Immortal

I had this problem on earlier editions, 5.5 worked ok for me though- haven't got that far with 5.6 yet.

I always have the auto-cleanup selected though- so that may not be the problem...

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

Gaear - that shopmap chest bug- will it work if we rest (for different spells) BEFORE shopping for clothing?

11. Gaear

Yes it will. As near as I can tell, the only thing you can't do is buy something from the chest, then rest until morning (assuming it's night).

12. maalri

maalri Immortal

Thanks Big G!

Looking foward to starting my 5.6 Ironman run this long weekend (I work Sat:thumbsdow-but not Sun&Mon)

13. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack Bug Report Thread

As a suggestion for the new ToEE ModPack 5.6.0, the installation would be more intuitive if it were to include a dialog box (with/without progress bar) to keep track of the installation's progress rather than the existing method whereby dialog boxes are only appearing/disappearing after progress events.

14. Grover

Grover Member

New guy here and if this isn't were I post 5.6 bugs, I apologize. And if this has been disscussed, then i'm sure it's in another thread.:confused:

#1 I think the Jayfie issue is still there. I come to a full stop when I try to catch him in the morning in the camp.

#2 Emridy Meadows - There's a hang up whenever crossbows are fired by anyone against the Skellies due south of where you arrive at EM.

Also, kudos on the game balance, gone are the days of me taking two characters halfway through the Moathouse. I now need four.

Addendum, Whenever I try to return the Pendant to Terjon as soon as I hit the stairs to see him. The game freezes up at that point.

Hope I'm helping and not annoying.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  15. biobaba

biobaba Member

First of all thanks again for the great work, ToEE would not be as fun as this and I wont be playing it again and again if weren't for you guys.

A couple of bugs I encountered in this mod. I think these are the bugs from the original actually(?).

Fire Temple: My party ran to the fire temple sector without wearing the fire robe, naturally I got attacked by the guarding bug bears and priests inside the room. Upon meeting up with Alrren, a conversation window poped and he told me to convince the Troll Chief to join his temple. After ageeing to take on his task and ended the conversation he started to attack me and we fought to death.

Prince Thommel's Thankyou Party Encounter: Upon encountering the group that brings gifts to me from the Prince I killed the entire troop. After looting the captain (or the leader of the group), he suddenly stood up from death and started to give me the gifts that he supposed to deliver. I tried to load the save and go through the encounter again but at the 2nd try that captain stood up from death and continued to fight me. Either situation is odd since a dead guy would not just suddenly pop back up after I loot him.

Got a question lastly, do Rannos and Gremag still send their revange party to Nulb house after I rat them out in this beta?

Thanks

Our Host!