Generic moan about 5.6 delay thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Yosharian, Aug 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Yosharian

Yosharian Member

Eagerly awaiting the 5.6 release of Co8 modpack.. I read somewhere 5.6 was supposed to be released on the 30th but it got delayed... any chance of some specific information regarding this? Can we expect it soon? Sorry to be impatient but I just bought the game, haven't touched it yet :dribble:

2. Sh0dan

Sh0dan Member

Yes me too. :yes:

I usually don’t ask modders for a timeframe on their work, but well I am currently playing 5.5.0 beta, and the fixes I have seen in the bug thread I think will make it worth re-starting a fresh game for, since its been a little tricky progressing with zee beta version.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

5.6 will be a beta as well, technically.

The mod is currently awaiting authorization at ModDB, which will probably take 1 to 2 days.

The most significant thing to note now is that we had to temporarily scrap the less humble NPCs part of the mod due to unexpected complications. That will hopefully appear later in the form of an add-on, or at least in the next modpack (v5.7).

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The delay for the 'Less Humble NPCs' thing was my fault, though Gaear is too polite to say :)

On a happier note, its up at ModDB from where I am sitting (in fact, I am downloading it). Mybae thats just because I am a mod admin or whatever: can someone confirm its there for the public?

http://www.moddb.com/games/the-temple-of-elemental-evil/downloads

EDIT: Oop, there goes the official announcement from Gaear, its out! Go get it! And check the timestamp at ModDB: this went out ON TIME.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  5. Sh0dan

Sh0dan Member

Yes its there. Thanks very much guys. :)

New game here I come.

6. johnworfin

johnworfin Fist of Destiny

Sweeeeeeet

7. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

There we go! That's how the game companies do it!

"Just release it and we'll create 30 patches to fix it later!" :poke:

8. Yosharian

Yosharian Member

Sweet! Thanks for the link!

9. Yosharian

Yosharian Member

You need to correct the installation instructions:

However this is not correct, or perhaps unclear: I clicked on TFE-X.exe after moving the files into the root TOEE directory and it created some files and gave me the relevant popups and then loaded the TFE-X window but it did NOT automatically convert my installation for use with CO8 - this required a selection of "Circle of Eight modpack blabla" in the TFE-X window and the clicking of the 'activate' button. In other words, I had to follow the instructions listed for "an existing installation to which you are simply adding the Co8 5.6.0 BETA module" rather than those for "a new installation" (which is what my installation was, or at least thats my understanding of it).

I sat there looking at the TFE-X window for a good 15 minutes before I realised this mistake =p

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet - just got it! Thanks guys-

Co8 Modders ROCK. I like Necro's joke- and I am SURE it was a good humored, well intentioned joke about the realese. You guys are BETTER than any ZBig Game Companies.. wish we could PAY YOU. Hmm Perhaps when I win the PowerBall.....

11. Necroticpus

Naturally. I was just funnin'. Didn't mean no harm. I just had to because it was the perfect scenario and I just couldn't let it pass by. :yes:

Me too. When I win the powerball someday, I'll pay Co8 for these projects and then hire them to create the largest Greyhawk/Cthulhu/Stormbringer computer game using game mechanics like Troika's. At least a 500 TB game with ToEE graphics and their engine.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  12. MonkeyLancer

MonkeyLancer Member

*ahem* no dark sun?

13. Necroticpus

Dark Sun would be cool too. I just thought of the best game possible to make a mod for...Leisure Suit Larry! Oh yeah, babay! Shagadelic!

Maybe add some leisure suit larry to ToEE. :yes:

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well yes, you have to activate any module you want to play in TFE-X. But if you have a brand new installation, TFE-X does a variety of other things to make the directory environment ready to support multiple modules. That's what the above refers to.

I suppose we could add something to the effect that you also have to activate the module for new installations.

15. Yosharian

Yosharian Member

If you look at it carefully you'll see the wording isn't right

Our Host!