Humble PC Option

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by WCG, Aug 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. WCG

WCG Member

I just read about the Humble PC Option - and the reasons for it - and apparently you can't change this during a game. I just started the game yesterday, so I COULD start over. Or I could just avoid hiring any NPCs.

Are the NPCs necessary, or can I just play the game with my five-man party? Would it be exceptionally difficult? Would I miss much content?

What do you recommend, starting over with the Humble NPC option, or just continuing with my game and not hiring any NPCs? (Yes, I'm playing the mod, though this is my first time with ToEE.)

And, er, if I decide to start over, what ELSE should I know first? Are there any other settings I need to make?

Thanks...

2. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

WCG,

You can get through the game just fine with your five member party. In fact you will not have to share the experience points gained with the NPCs. You will level up faster. Only some of the NPCs are real greedy. So if you are going to use NPCs there are certain ones to avoid.

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

But to get some of the quests, you need to rescue certain people by placing them in your party for short periods of time. You could avoid encounters and take them where they need to go without getting any combat experience.

4. WCG

WCG Member

OK, thanks. I just worried that there might be quests associated with the NPCs (I've already heard so much about Elmo's brother, that I thought I might need him in the party).

I don't care about NPCs I rescue, as long as they're not in the party TOO long. And if it made sense to start over, I'd rather do it now, when I've only just started the game. But I won't worry about it, then.

Thanks for the info!

5. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

The only reason to have the NPCs with you is for shits and giggles. Some of them do say some pretty funny things.

6. WCG

WCG Member

I like that sort of thing, but it's not worth starting over.

:)

7. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I'd like to try having a ranger with an animal companion. I want him/her to have a rabbit that gains experience up to 20th level so it can be like the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, lol. I want to send in the rabbit to clear out the Hedrak fight while the rest sit back and watch.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've seen Vorpal Bunnies only in an SSI game I think was called the Shard of Winter. They slaughtered my party, of course. ;)

9. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

I have being killed for a Vorpal Bunny when I was trying to use an iten at Ultima Online...

But about animal companions... Hum.. I have several questiuon. I think I will open a thread about this...

10. GuardianAngel82

HEY! Vorpal Bunny animal companions!

Just a small change to the chicken model...import the exposive death stuff from Fallout... ;)

11. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Gods! there go the "balancing-issues" arguments again!! :roll:

Calling the RAW Enforcers!!!

12. GuardianAngel82

OH, YEAH? :angry:

Say "Hello" to my little friend... :evilgrin:

Our Host!