Charmed?!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by troop18546, Aug 4, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. crhallen

crhallen Toee addict Supporter

troop,

Wizards are whimpy in the DD world for awhile. when you start a new game or develop a new character try this: Start your wizard as a rogue for two levels, then convert him to a wizard. choose chaotic good alignment so you can use the Scather sword you will get later in the game. a wizard with mirror image/mage armor, stoneskin, and scather is a pisser for the bad guys. There are more details, but the idea is to think out of the box with the spellcasters.

PS: no hard feelings:)

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Just walk back and forth to different locations, hoping for decent random encounters. If you find a location you like (maybe has a few rocks to protect your flanks) you can just camp there over and over, until you are full of stuff or need to heal. At level 5-6, I'm sure you could use some extra cash, so pick up everything you can and sell it. You do know you get better prices depending on the item and who you sell it to, don't you?

3. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

I'm using Humble NPCs, so this is not the issue. Also, the spells are the same as listed his learned spells list.

I never could remember to check who sells for more/less than the others.

-Mike

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Are you refering to every spell, or just the fact he 'regenerates' mage armour after he joins?

5. troop18546

troop18546 Arcanum God

I do know and I had thought of that random camp. The fact is - the encounters can be so overpowered it becomes a nightmare.

I tried dispel all magic on charmed former-friends. It did the trick but they still were hostile towards me. I don't get it... How do I WIN them over to be my party member again? I don't want to kill them.

I have to say that there's only two ways to go to where I want - a hard way (losing one or more of my party to two zebra-ish things) and a short-cut, which begins fighting stupid mushrooms and a lamia - which IF gets my party member charmed (me, otis or elmo) - I'm screwed. I want to know what spell counters that. Do I need another member just for this place???

6. troop18546

troop18546 Arcanum God

Ok, so I tried leveling - it worked. I got a lvl5 wizard now and bla bla bla - selected new spells fireball and lightning bolt... AND THEY DON'T APPEAR @_@. What's wrong with this stupid game?

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you cast protection from evil (or any other allignment) it will prevent you from becoming charmed, but it doesn't seem to work if the target is already charmed, so be sure to pre-buff :)

8. troop18546

troop18546 Arcanum God

Ok, I'll try that.

But why don't my new level-gained spells appear??? What's wrong??? I slept and rested and they still won't pop up in the menu @_@. The craft wand or etc. shows up and I can use that, but what the hell is wrong with my spells???

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

Scratch that - I have seen the error of my ways.

I'm leveling up now ^_^. Going for lvl 7 or smth yay.

Ummmm... is the a button to highlight loot or bodies?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
Our Host!