The Nulb Crash Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Firesprung, Jan 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. David Bedlam

David Bedlam Member

Well I have installed: Altari Patch 2, 5.0.0 and 5.0.6 (In that order)

When I extracted the fives, I just had them extract to the ToEE folder and had them overwrite all the stuff they wanted.

Oh, and I have just clicked the "Clean game" button

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Did you start a game after installing 5.0.0? Then close it down, extract 5.0.6, check "Clean Game..." then restart.

3. ihsan07

ihsan07 Member

Love this guy...

4. eddy

eddy Member

Those Nulb crashes are really strange.
    I just had this problem. The strangest thing about this is that it even didn't work with older saves anymore, saves where Nulb definitely worked. Also reinstalling or clearing the pyc and/or the map cache didn't help.

I managed to enter Nulb again after 20-30 failed attempts. Entering other areas and/or buildings inbetween also seems to help (or the crashes are just random and this was pure coincidence).

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Not Dead Yet

I have an old install of 5.0.6 that I haven't played in ages, and I never got around to beating this game. I decided to revisit it, but none of my saves (all saved in Nulb) will load. They all say corrupted. I deleted the .pyc files, and used Clean Game Cache on Startup, and then I could load a save, but a few minutes later, the game crashed, and now it says the save is corrupted again.

In reading on the new release of Co8, it says I must have a new game.

Is there a good way to alleviate the Nulb crashes, or do I limp along?

I could install the new Co8 release and hope it works better, but that means starting a new save apparently.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Older game versions are not formally supported, unfortunately. You should play 5.5.0 if you want help. (The Nulb crash seems to have become a non-factor with this release, btw.) And yes, you'll have to start a new game.

7. JoeyD

JoeyD Member

i'm experiencing the nulb crash and i have the latest release. any ideas?

8. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've been having a problem in Nulb recently. On my latest return from the Temple to rest in my house, the game CTDs every time I enter my house.

The first time it happened, everything was fine until I tried to summon my extraplanar chest. The second time I managed to enter the house, but as soon as I panned the screen, CTD. The third time I loaded my game and tried to enter my house, the game CTD'd immediately.

The problem seems to be with the house, because I can run around the rest of Nulb with no problems.

Oh, and I'm running modpack 5.5.0.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That map is buggy, and I believe it does have something to do with containers. Oftentimes, if you put stuff into those two chests in there, it gets jumbled up without you moving it around. (Poltergiests?) Not sure about the EPC's involvement though.

10. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

In the past I've used the EPC in the house with no problems, on this same save. I dont think I've ever put anything in the chests in the house itself...I was always afraid of it getting stolen while I was gone.

The only significant weird thing I can remember happening in the house with the EPC is one time when I summoned it, I had over-filled it and everything that couldnt fit ended up on the floor. I dont know if that could have anything to do with it or not...?

11. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Correct, the chest - if overfilled - spews out the excess the next time it is opened.

I too never had any problems with the EPC or the two chests in the room.

12. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

I know the chest is supposed to spill over if overfilled, I'm just curious if that happening in the house could have anything to do with CTDs in the future.

Our Host!