Shared Development

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Firestrand, Apr 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Firestrand

Firestrand Member

You know I would really like to be able to help a little more with some of the modifications still in progress. I think that we should try and collaborate more.

To that end, does anyone have access to a CVS server where we can place the files we are modifying. That way I do not unknowingly fix something someone else has fixed, or unfix it for that matter. If something gets screwed up we can always step back to an older version using CVS.

If you are unfamiliar with CVS, I highly recommend a quick google.

I have also been considering using Eclipse with the python plugin. Has anyone had experience with the Eclipse python plugin? Eclipse itself is very nice for Java, but I haven't tried it with python yet. Eclipse also has built in CVS capabilities, if we should get access to a CVS tree.

Then we could all be working together, pooling our abilities.

What do you think?

-Firestrand

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What this board needs is a general manager, someone with not neccesarily modding skills, but organizational ones. A "Manager of Modders." ;)

3. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

*cough* sounds like someone's volunteering himself *cough*

4. Gaear

haha . . .

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Firestrand, who has shown his stripes with spearheading the whole game engine buyout initiative.

I'd be more suited to the "Vice Principal" role, chasing after people who use curse words on the boards and such. ;)

btw, d - I see you listed in the birthday batch. You and I are of similar age. No doubt we are similar as well in that we both bear a striking, rugged, late-thirties-like resemblance to Brad Pitt!

5. Firestrand

Firestrand Member

I am afraid that I couldn't do something like that right now. My life goes from crazy busy to just moderately busy, so I don't think I would have the time necessary to give a role like that what it deserved.

I just think that if we could work together better, things would move much faster.

-Firestrand

6. Jota

Jota Member

Its interesting to see a Forum that was all most dead with so many new post that i have no time to read all of them.

And yes we need better organization for what it seems a groing Community.

7. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

I'm just getting you back for volunteering ME in another thread. ;-)

Yep, yesterday was the big Three Seven... though I act (and look) younger than my years, Thank Goodness.

My look is closer to an Andrew McCarthy than a Rob Lowe, I'm afraid <sigh>

(anyone who doesn't get those references is obviously not as fossilized as Gaear and myself)

-- dulcaoin

8. Gaear

D -

You should deliberately sabotage your next assignment so as to destroy the "handyman" persona you've cultivated. ;)

Then next time we'll say, "Whoever we get to do this job, just make sure its not dulcaoin."

Our Host!