Changing feats/skills?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SharkD, Jul 25, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Is there a way to change an NPC's feats or skills? I mistakenly chose the wrong weapon specialization (and related feats), and would like to fix this. I looked at the list of console commands >here<, but couldn't find an appropriate command. I also downloaded TCE.EXE, but it seems only to be able to edit PCs, not NPCs.

Thanks.

-Mike

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I know of only one way to change stuff about characters once they are saved. Restart a new game from scratch or go back to a previous save before you changed them.

3. SharkD

I found some instructions on how to change them >here<, but I chose not to do so since they don't show up in the character screen.

-Mike

4. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

I was curious about this myself, so I did a little reading on the forum and this is the closest I could find to a quick fix.

I dont really know anything about programming, but I was reading the "Dialog/Python Commands" sticky, here, and I found the command:

pc.has_feat(FEAT)

Maybe you can just add the feat you want and just "forget" about those other feats you accidentally took?

EDIT: I'm assuming that this works for the pc you currently have selected since it doesnt contain any argument for which pc.

EDIT again: I found the feat list, in case you were wondering (I was...) in the same thread, here's the link: http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2179&postcount=6

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  5. SharkD

pc.has_feat sounds more like it is just querying whether or not the PC already *has* the feat (also, does it work for NPCs?). Have you tried it?

-Mike

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Feats for npc's are in protos. Maximum of 10. Can be edited with ProtoEd 2.4.3. Use at risk. Mistakes cause ctd or game wont load/play.

7. SharkD

My version of protos stops at ~16000. All the named NPCs have numbers in the 20000s according to description.mes.

-Mike

8. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

At the top left click on Select shown headers and you get a drop-down menu and npc is one of the selections. Npc's are 14000-14999. You can also edit weapons(4000-up) and armor(6000-up). Protos is very touchy, so back-up/save before doing any changes. Preferrably to an external device of some kind.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

protos.tab lists prototype. The names are from description.mes and are what you call things when/if you know their actual name (ie 'Elmo' not 'drunk villager').

Our Host!