Those whores!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by RedPhalkon, Jul 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

Ok, so I just got to Nulb last night and did a little running around to get to know the place. I went to the brothel and had a little fun before calling it a night.

Well, when I loaded my game today I noticed my fighter's cloak is missing. He was the one in conversation with Ophelia at the brothel, and I'm wondering...did that ho jack my threads?

2. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Ya goes in the hostel at the west of Nulb first? There are a stealer there that shold have picked yer cloack.
    But at the bothrel... Well, if ya have some "fun" with Madam Ophelia, lets say that she sould like to keep something for his men...

3. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

Are you saying that it could happen in two different places in Nulb?

I'm sure I went into the hostel, I went into basically every building, I just didnt notice the cloak was missing until the next day I loaded my game. It could have happened anywhere I guess, I just thought it was the brothel because my save point was right after my night spent there.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ooo, there ya go - a use for Spot! It detects pickpockets.

There is a pickpocket when you first enter the hostel in the bottom left corner of Nulb. To see if thats where your cloak is, go back - the individual will be wearing it if thats what happened.

5. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

Ok, now I'm curious...does spot only work for the person being pick-pocketed, or can other members of my party make spot checks as well? My fighter couldn't spot a tree in a forest, but I'm surprised my rogue/ranger, or the elves in my party, didnt catch him.

I've been struck by a smooth criminal...

6. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

That wench!

Sure enough one of the bar wenches I talked to is wearing my cloak....

Lets change the title of this thread from "Those whores!" to "That wench!"

So...is there any way to go about getting it back from her without killing her for it? That's a little insane...we're well-to-do adventurers, if worse comes to worse we can buy another...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  7. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

If you want to be able to spot Dala, put the member with the highest spot skill in the first position or arrange your formation so the spotter is first. Dala will try to pickpocket the first member of your party through the door. The spotter will be able to see the pickpocketing and will yell Stop!. You then have a choice either back down or a hostel brawl. Almost everyone will attack your party to protect poor Dala.

Is there a way of getting the cloak back short of killing Dala? No. Even then you may not get it back.

Every time your party comes into the hostel, Dala will try to pickpocket.

8. RedPhalkon

RedPhalkon Cat 1 / Sor 1

Since she's wearing my cloak she sticks out like a sore thumb, I've noticed that she runs toward my party every time I enter the common room of the inn, but no member of my party has yet to catch her.

If there doesnt seem to be anything missing out of my inventory, did she just take some of my money?

Is the person being pick-pocketed the only one who is allowed a spot check to catch her? I'm chaotic neutral, I've got no problem killing a whole building full of people willing to steal my stuff, or who are willing to protect those who steal my stuff. Bring it!:chainsaw:

9. Waterd103

Waterd103 Member

I always found annoying that after you kill everthing you can't rest there. Like if beds disappeared or something. Your only way to rest in nulb is left to buy the house, and to do that you need to do some goodoers. Chaotic evil parties don't like to do good things. But they are forced to, if they want to sleep.

10. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

RedPhalkon

Go on, fight'em! Kill 'em all!

Waterd103

Yare inside of a pirate's town. Its a good thing for bad people to make some friends around a place like this! Even evil people should have some friends, hum?
    My Chaotic Evil parties ever avoid the fedex quests for Hommlet and make the ones from Nulb cose of this! I think that evil people like to be around that bunch of rufians, don't ya?

11. realmzmaster

Are you sure you want to rest around a bunch of dead, stinking bodies? Not only that eventually someone will smell the stench and investigate. You would not want to caught napping in your pjs.

Also Chaotic evil does not mean stupid. Evil parties will do good when it is to their benefit. It is in the best interest to do a little good so they can do a lot of evil.

12. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I like to think I ate them.

13. realmzmaster

But with all those bodies it would take awhile, unless you brought friends!

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Why eat them? Don't you get lonely?

Our Host!