Serena

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zagig, Jul 18, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zagig

Zagig Member

Sorry to take up another thread but I didn't want to post this in SharkD's NPC thread since that kind of went off track.
    Could someone tell me if Serena is worth bringing into your party. I've read she's a third-level Rogue, but that's all.

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I've used her as a "missle battery". Give her the proper feats and a few levels of fighter and watch out!

3. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Well, she is not brilliant, but is a good rogue, and with some fighter levels and a bow, she turns in an excelent hiter. I like this girl a lot!
    And she comes with one of that ring of invisibility, too!

4. crhallen

crhallen Toee addict Supporter

Serena is worth bringing along if you need a rogue. i had her for awhile and she was useful enough. her strength is high enough so she is not encumbered as she takes her share of the treasure. If she dies, you can keep her ring of invis with a fair market value of $11k or so.

5. Zagig

Zagig Member

I also remember reading something somewhere that Serena acts differently depending on whether you tell her she is free or tell her she is your slave. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

sps49 likes this.
  6. Avatar_do_Grafite

The only diference, at Vanilla, was that if ya set her free, she will loot a part of yer gold and jewels. If ya buy her as a slave, she just dont loot anything. I think that are no diference at the present mode, once ya shall choose between let the followers to loot or not.

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

No, you're buying her freedom for her. I've done it many times and haven't noticed any looting or such. I do play with the "Humble NPC's" on, so that may have something to do with it.

Take Serena and her sister, Rianna, into your party....

*cue awesome dialogue*

*begin imagination overload*

8. Avatar_do_Grafite

Right, sorry. My bad.
    Ya shall buy her freedon from Mona, and set her free, give him the option to stay in Nulb or come with ya OR ya shall buy her freedon from mona and bring her till she be able to pay for her freedon, or let her staying at Nulb, ready to join the party as a kind of slave.
    The word "slave" it's not at the game, but is this.
    Now, in Vanilla, where we dont have the "humble NPC" option, if ya set her free, and get she along with the party, she will share her part of the loot, wich includes gold and jewels. And she will not let ya take her things - wears, rusty rapier or ring. If ya say her that she is yer slave - say it in a less violent form or not - she will not loot anithing, and will hand ya her poor gold, as the rapier and clothes. She will not let ya take the ring, anyway, escept by death.

9. Zagig

Zagig Member

10. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Zagig

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

You can have both if you have npc slots open. Both are rogues and you may not want or need them both. It's generally better to have a pc rogue because of all the npc limitations. I like Rianna's portrait, tho.

12. Avatar_do_Grafite

Zagig

To take Riana, Ya dont need to have Serena along. Just go on the Bothrel, talk to Madam and ask for the hotest girl in the place. She will send ya for Riana. There, say Riana that ya just whana talk to her. She will talk about a debt problem. So ya shall pay her debt with Madam and hire her.
    Just be sure ya dont its talking with Madam with a Paladin. The quest will not open this way.

13. wizgeorge

You don't need Serena along to recruit Rianna. The dialouge is different if both are in the party. I've recruited both at one time or another, but it's still much better to have a pc rogue. Their stats are too weak to be effective.

14. Zagig

Zagig Member

Well, I still get nothing from the madam except info about people in Nulb, or talking about her cough. Are you guys sure that you can get Riana after completing all the brothel quests?

BTW, wiz, I'm trying to get either Serena or Riana into my party becuase I'm following a storyline. The party I'm currently using is similar to a party I DMed through TOEE in pnp D&D about 15 years ago. The ranger in the group fell for one of the girls at a brothel in Verbobonc and eventually married her. Serena, or Riana if I can get her, would be the closest I could get in this game.

15. wizgeorge

The dialouge should be there for both of them. Serena, you just pay Mona 500GP and talk to her again and she joins. Rianna may run off and you have to comeback. Never seen the dialogue not there.

Our Host!