Ranger level 20 problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Moshus, Jul 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Moshus

Moshus Member

Hi guys. first I want to thank you for making this great mod for the game. very nice job.
    but I have a little problem with leveling my ranger. when I reach level 20 with a ranger class, I can't level it up. when I click on that yellow cross for leveling, leveling window opens and every thing goes fine until the "Features" tab. there I have to choose a favored enemy for my ranger and when I do that "Skill" tab should become available but it doesn't, and I can't finish leveling. it only happens when reaching level 20 and only with a ranger class. I tried it few times and it happens all the time.

I installed TOEE patch 2 and Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 Final.
    sorry for bad english :)

Oh, and also, Verbobonc doesn't appear on my world map. not on the map itself but on the list of the locations to the right. i know it shouldn't appear on the map itself.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. maalri

maalri Immortal

I am relatively certain that level 20 IS the Cap.

Verbobonc shouldn't show up on the right until you've been there- I believe you can get to it by clicking the road in the upper left of the map...

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I think in 5.0.0 you could only get to Verbo by taking someone there - it never showed on the Worldmap or list at all. This was addressed in the CMFs for 5.0.x and is included in the Co8 5.5 Beta.

Likewise, the Ranger level 20 issue was also likely fixed in the 5.5 version of the Co8 mod - I'd recommend upgrading to the newest version.

However, as upgrading will mean you have to restart a new game, you may want to finish your current game, and in that case, I'd recommend just giving your ranger a level of rogue or fighter instead of Ranger 20.

4. Moshus

Moshus Member

I know level 20 is the cap. the problem is leveling from lvl 19 to 20.
    And I've finished all the quests in Verbobonc and it still doesn't appear.

ok thanks.
    so this Co8 5.5 Beta is not finished jet? Why is it called Beta?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

It's called 5.5 Beta because it is basically the beta test for the upcoming 6.0 full version. However, it is a much more stable version of the Co8 mod than the 5.0 was with the 5.0.x CMFs, and it includes all the extra bugfixes, improvements, and new content that was added during the 5.0.x CMF phase.

6. Moshus

Moshus Member

7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

8. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I am that David. It may make it into 6.0.0, except for the castle.

Long story short, I can get the castle in game and functional, but there is a major problem with making the game know if the castle should be there or not and loading the correct Hommlet map before the game loads. In theory, someone could make the castle, and load a previous save that is not supposed to have the castle in it, and the castle would still be there. Up til now, I have not found a file that runs each time the game loads to check global variables.

If it does make it into the game, it would include, the Battle for Hommlet, the forest encounter, and possibly the dwarf encounter. Burnes Tower would become yours, so that would be your new base.

This is all a big 'maybe' because I am working 2 jobs and have less than a month before school starts.

9. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

Off topic from thread really but:~

Your work looks great Ranth :)

I've seen your stuff mentioned in other threads, but thats the first time i've watched the video :D

Hope you can release the mod, even if its in an incomplete state!

:dribble:

Our Host!