Corrupt saves.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by bellack, Jun 29, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. bellack

bellack Member

I keep getting an error saying my saved games encountered an error and that the file is corrupt. Anyone else get this?

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Unfortunately, it happens all too often with the ToEE game engine. You don't have autosave turned on, or use quicksave, do you? Both of those features will cause save corruption, among other issues. There is also a theory that incorrect usage of the console will cause save corruption. And sometimes it happens for no apparent reason at all.

The only thing you can do is delete those saves. Don't save over them, delete them altogether. If you have an older save that still works, it may be possible to salvage your game from that point, but there is no guarantee the game won't corrupt eventually anyways.

Sorry I don't have better news for you. :thumbsdow

3. bellack

bellack Member

I use to use the auto saved but then deactivated it. but this did not help. Thanks

4. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I have been replaying ToEE w/ a single cleric. I buff up before fights so I normally have 10+ enchantments when I save. This is causing these saves to mess up on loading sometimes where I cannot move the character, cast spells, or do anything although the radial menu works. If I try to rest, and monsters spawn, I cant fight back.

Last night I discovered that if I try to sneak I can move and when I leave sneak everything is fine. Just wanted to share my experience.

5. Ref

Ref Member

Saving a game in TOEE is much like voting in Chicago. The best results are gained by doing it early and often.

:twitch:

6. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Hey! I have you know that here in Chicago we also vote late and often! In fact we even give the dead and undead a vote!!

7. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

I know TOEE has always had corruption issues but I don't recall seeing as many corrupted saves as I am getting with the current version of the mod; last time I played was an year ago or so and Co8's mod back then seemed quited stable, and I had very few corrupted saves.

What happened? Could it be that I'm playing on a different system atm with Vista as opposed to XP which I had on the system a year ago? Or is it 5.5,0 that's doing this?

8. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

No. The "save game" program was done here in Chicago.

That's why they're all corrupted!! :p

Our Host!