HELP!! Lubash wants to break my legs!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by miller360, May 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. miller360

miller360 Member

Yay, I got my game in the mail today. Installed the mod and frontend. Have been playing all day long, and I must say that dispite a few bugs, this game stomps on the typical video game RPG genre and really goes against my the grain of my expectations--in a good way. See, I usually only like RPG's with a good story and I usually find it very hard to get into one that doesn't have a strong one. Add this to the fact that I also hate hack and slash RPG's like Diablo and its many clones (not that this is a hack and slash, not by a long shot, but most non-story RPG's tend to turn into combat heavy Diablo wannabees) so I find it quite odd that I like this game almost purely for its combat system. The only other game that comes to mind that reminds me of the unique feeling I get while playing is Vagrant Story for PS1. And that is my all time favorite game and combat system, so for me, that's definatly saying something.

OK. Now that that is said, on to my topic.

I am having a bit of a problem/bug playing on the CO8 mod. When I go to Lubash (the bad tempered ogre standing guard in the Moathouse) with the special cloaks equiped on all of my characters he attacks me no matter what line of dialogue I travel down. I think Lubash has a bit of a fibbing problem as he wants to bash me even after he promises me that he won't. Either that he is a bit sexist, as I have narrowed the trigger down to just one of my characters, a druid and the lone female in the group.

I think that I read someplace that there was a secret door in the somewhere that allows me to bypass the lying ogre altogether.

Perhaps I shall explore this option and save myself from future hair pulling???

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Kill him. Take his stuff. ;)

3. miller360

miller360 Member

Although tempting A) I'm not sure I could take him without him splattering a couple of my characters, and B) that is not entirely the point I'm trying to make.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if there is a work around, and has anyone else had the same problem? Or are you all innocent Lubash slayers? Bullies.

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've given up on the conversational approach with dear, sweet Lubash. Now I just beat his lying face in.

Okay, so I lead a heavily-armed gang of irrational, violent thugs, but you don't have to mean about it...:tired:

5. Shadowblade2

Shadowblade2 Established Member

If you're all wearing those cloaks from the back of the undead/green slime room, he should let you pass. Unless you went down some conversation line that makes him angry. Perhaps he hates women? Or Druids?

~

6. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Perhaps your social skills are insufficient. My female gnome wizard could handle him the dialog quite effectively. Circlet of persuasion very useful.

The secret door is located in a pillar in what appears to be a torture chamber occupied by 2 zombies - nearby the main group of zombies.

7. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

I always talk my way around him, that way you can go back and chat with him again.
    A high intimidate works on him,
    I assume you need a high charisma or intelligence to deal with him.
    Make sure your 1st PC has the right attributes and send him/her in lone.

8. miller360

miller360 Member

I did a test where I would send my conversationalist in to parley with Lubash, get through the correct dialogue path, and singlely move each of my characters past the ogre. All would pass by fine until I came to my female druid, who is always attacked on sight for some reason. Maybe I should try exchanging cloaks with one of the "safe" players? Faulty cloak??

No. Just tired. Seems really random. One time I got my female Druid to pass safely, but then it was my theif that triggered the encounter. I have hence took the secret passage and bypassed Lubash all together. Lucky I had that option. Perhaps I should report the bug as I still have the game save. Where would I go about doing that?

So no one else is having this problem/glitch, then?

I just suspect that poor Lubash had a rough childhood and is plainly just misunderstood.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Is this female druid Meleny by any chance? The game gets wonky when it comes to NPCs interacting with NPCs sometimes. Paida can't tolerate the presence of another NPC in her 'pleasure chamber,' for example. Lubash might similarly hate Meleny.

Otherwise, I've never much gotten than encounter to work right myself either.

10. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

After the encounter with the brigand leader on the main level of the moat house you can take the stair icon (next to the secret door icon).

It will let you out at the top of the stairs behind Lubash, then you can either fight the gnolls or the bugbears.

Just be cautious when you start down the stairs, usually Lubash ignores you, but not always.

Our Host!