Neverwinter nights 2 mods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Covax, Mar 18, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Covax

Covax Member

Talk about a game in need of the CO8 touch.

I spotted this thing on the shelf of a (now closed) circuit city for $5. So far, I'd hardly say it was worth it, mostly based on the irksome arbitrary changes they've made to some game mechanics. No charge combat action? Parry skill? And get this, the darkness spell is just an AOE buff that gives %20 concealment. Suck. I built a tiefling rogue around the idea but it was a waste of time.

So anyways, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any mods for it. Everything I've found for it so far is total conversion type stuff. I'm just looking for rules fixes.

2. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I actually just ordered this game today. Is it worth it/ are there any mods worth trying for it?

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I can say it's worth it. I haven't completed the game yet, but played about halfway through with a HE Bard and thoroughly enjoyed it. There's even a dragon to kill, but I hadn't progressed that faer yet to give any more details.

One caveat, and it can be a big one at times... the camera can be a MAJOR pain in the ass!! YOU WILL need to experiment with diffetn camera settings and angles to best suit you. It's inevitable. But if you can get past that, I'll think you'll like it. It does have a great story line with some in depth dialogue choices. Your actions DO influence the game in whole.

As for mods, not sure as I haven't really looked.

Hope you have fun! :thumbsup:

Here try this site for mods. It's where I first found the Co8! :love::love::love:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/index.php

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  4. whatsername74

Thank you :)

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

You're quite welcome!

6. whatsername74

I just got the game :) The install is almost finished. I'm so excited!! I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

7. whatsername74

>:O

With the understanding that this is not a NWN2 forum, and please let me know if I shouldn't do this, I need some help (as always) and I was hoping you guys could rescue me (again).

I installed the game fine but when I try to run it it says:

"Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices. The application will now exit."

What should I do?

8. Bob Corncob

Bob Corncob Maverick Moon Miner

What model is your video card? Check the readme file to see if your card is supported.

These are Minimum Reccomended cards:

Video: ATI Radeon 9800 or NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or higher

9. whatsername74

I have an Intel 82915g something or other, I think. I've been trying to make it work for hours.

[EDIT] I finally did what I should have done hours ago and checked the list. Mine isn't supported. Now what?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  10. Greylan

Greylan Established Member

It sounds like you have an on-board graphics card, which will definitely cause problems with newer and new'ish games. You best bet is to get yourself a graphics card, for whatever type of slot you have available on the motherboard; it will either be PCI-Express (PCI-E) or AGP.

PCI-Express is on newer computers, AGP on older, but either way, a good graphics card (from Nvidia or ATI) will likely solve your problems. :)

11. whatsername74

I gave up on it for now. I'm using my boyfriends computer which is an HP Slimline so from what I understand they have different types of parts regular computers. I could play it on my computer ( I created a character and everything) but my computer has a miserably small amount of RAM.

12. Ulgar

Ulgar Member

The game is worth getting at full price, head and shoulders above the original, I would make sure to get Mask of the Betrayer as well. Storm of Zehir is alright but does not measure up to the OC or the first expansion.

Here's were you go for all mods

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2ModulesEnglish.List

13. Covax

Covax Member

The bit about the darkness spell was completely my mistake. It really is like that in the 3.5 rules. Was I remembering 3.0 rules or something? no matter.

In a less genial forum I would have been pounced on about that. Good people here.

Our Host!