Does anybody have the new item codes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by camelotcrusade, Mar 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

I like the idea of a consensus on wanted colors. How about the existing cloak colors expanded to magical cloaks, too, like cloaks of resistance and protection.

The only reason I bother with fashion at all is to match. For example, my warrior looks menacing and realistic in his shiny black breastplate and ominous black cloak. But if he wants to wear a cloak of resistance, he's got to wear a blue one. If he could wear a black cloak of resistance that would be much better.

Same goes for those nice elven chains. My ranger was wearing a nice tan and green getup using the standardly available garb. Then she finds the purple elven chain and I was thinking... hmm, perhaps a violet cloak. But other than that, nothing goes with the outfit, at least not if you want to use magical accessories or even normal leather or padded boots or gloves. The gloves of dex +2 are black. My boots of elvenkind are either tan or green, can't remember. But they look out of place with the purple suit. So, I would love to see for example a light grey version of the boots and gloves so they would blend in with either the green, purple or blue elven armors.

2. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

It would be nice to rearrange some colours,I think it is in mesh files,but that Gaear's realm ^_* . I like the Elven armour but I must admit my warrior with Purple armour..nah......I worry Bing will chase him(the gay Master Leatherworker).

You get more money for black shoes and gloves at the tailor than at leather worker,wierd...so I think the tailor is actually a supplier for the Temple..hmmm. He looks ugly like Mr Rensch at Waterside tavern,so could be related,lol. ^_*

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Incidentally, HK had already done a variety of custom color versions of different items - wizard hats, boots, mystic garb, etc. The problem is getting them in the game. Ted figured it out and documented it all (and indeed I believe much of that stuff is in KotB), but it's still a horrible process to get it in.

So, it would indeed be possible to have magic cloaks, for example, avaialble in every color at the local magic shop. If you're pilfering this stuff as loot, however, you'd still only get whatever your enemy was wearing. It's not like the assassin would run around with different color magic cloaks to match whatever boots he was wearing on Thursdays.

And nothing magical will ever appear in the opening shop, btw.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

excuse me, who figured out how to get new skins into the game?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O listen to him :p

Ladies and gentleman, CUJO first figured it out long ago and left hints and suggestions for us mere mortals as to how it was done. I painstakingly navigated those (which I dare say is what Gaear was refering to) and turned my odessey into a tutorial.

All hail Cujo :notworthy

Our Host!