Balor Glitch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by fullmonte, Mar 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. fullmonte

fullmonte Member

Twice now I have defeated Balor only to find that my characters can't pick up his gem or exit through the portal. I'm permenantly stuck there. I summoned the earth and water demons to defeat Balor, but I don't think that has anything to do with it because I traveled all over the map prior to the Balor battle with one of those demons tagging along ( I can't figure out how to dismiss them). Anybody have any advice?

2. Greylan

Greylan Established Member

If all else fails, try casting teleport. If you don't have the teleport spell, console yourself in a scroll of teleport or the helm of teleportation. :)

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

When you can't pick up the gem, sometimes if you rest you can pick it up after you break camp.

4. el pena

el pena Member

Hit "C" to reinitiate combat, after it ends a second time you should be able to pick up the gem and exit, worked for me when I got the same glitch.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... does anyone have a save to confirm that last one? If we can confirm it (and its not a one-off solution like so many of our darn problems are) then that will make a great Common Issues and Solutions entry.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Heard it once before, never done it. You can thank for not confirming it not later. ;)

7. ben34

ben34 Member

I know this may not pertain but if you use scather at all exspecially in an AoO{Attack of Oppertunity} you will freez the game perminatly so if that was an issue mabey that was why you had perminant issues even though you were able to defeat the baalor

8. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Well, he says well enough that it's once the battle ends that the troubles begin- the balor needs to be dead to ick up the gem. Anyhow, I also had lot's of trouble with the balorglitches, but mine got solved when I changed from 800x600 resolution to 1024x768...Although all the rest - graphicwise - is on minimum.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm, that an interesting one too: I believe that Windowed mode is set to 800x600 and we know that causes certain issues with certain hardware.

Reminds me of Age of Kings, I used to get CTDs with that the moment I clicked play, til I changed my settings from 800x600 to 1024x768. Worth testing, I think.

Our Host!