My party...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by *Nemesis*, Feb 24, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Nemesis
    If your cleric is up front with the fighter, getting up to 3 EXTRA attacks each round could be very useful. I wouldn't recommend the Spell Focus, as your cleric worships a good god, a some of the more powerful necromancy spells are evil, which means you cleric can't use them.
    TRC

2. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

"Level Squatting" is from the days of IWD2 where to get high level you had to delay your levelling until the 3rd level above yours. So my 1st level PCs do not level until xps for 3rd level is reached(when you recieve no more xps from encounters etc). So your CR is always lower and thus more xps. I use disarm traps with 1 rank DTrap PCs so trap is set of mostlty and party gets xps(poisontraps better).

You get OK RE,I got more Hill Giants last night and darn SHADOWS......every time I play.

Same Bow,but with Rapid Shot/Many Shot/Point Blank Shot etc..hmmm dare I say more? Oh you can do KEEN on it. I think 5 enchantments is max limit???

Treasure something new I learnt: These shops give more gps for exchanges.

Tailor: Clothing-Boots,Cloaks,Gloves etc.
    Smithy: Metal weapons and armour etc.
    Leather Worker: All leather items,please note shock horror..BARBARIAN ARMOUR is master.item for 20gp or so..^_*
    Woodcutter: all wooden weapons and armour etc.
    Nira: All jeweelry

3. *Nemesis*

*Nemesis* Member

Perfect, i'll take Combat Reflexes...:)

Thanks for your advices Royal Canadian! ;)

4. The Royal Canadian

Hi Kylan
    TRC

5. The Royal Canadian

Hi Nemesis
    You are most welcome. Don't forget to give your fighter Combat Reflexes, when he levels up.
    TRC

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

TRC,
    I think it's the Cabinet Maker, nw of Traders and the Jeweler, rather than the Woodcutter.;)

7. The Royal Canadian

Hi GA
    The more I think about the more I am convinced you are right, especially as the woodcutter doesn't have a normal "would you like to do business" line in his dialogues.
    TRC

8. kylan271

Just updating Bro,got an idea I did not consider before,but it seems cool.

Monk 3/Pal 4/Clc 13 Heironeous(Law&Good) -->Axiomatic&Holy weapons. Monk->Paladin->Cleric in that order. I have 2nd straight Cleric to compensate. The animations for MArts art cool and makes the game more fun. With WIS high gain both bonus to Monk and Cleric and with CHR high bonus on saves also! Smite and MArts..I wiped out the Pirate fight heh.. You can buy Bracers +3 from Lodris in Nulb to help,and Amulet of Mighty Fists +1 from Woodcutters Quest. Cabinet maker gives Masterwork QStaffs which you can upgrade also. Human with :power attack &Cleave,with Point Blank & Rapid Shot later etc.

9. GuardianAngel82

What's Pally for? Use fighter? Allows charecter to be LN for Neutral or LE parties.

10. The Royal Canadian

Hi Kylan
    Interesting concept.
    Just my 2 cp worth
    TRC

11. GuardianAngel82

What about the Exp pt penalty?

I usually go LN 1/2 orc alternating cleric and fighter. the only problem is the best longswords are chaotic. And I sure would like use barbarian.

12. kylan271

:roll:You are correct with xp penalty for about 3 Cleric levels. I choose Pal as SaveTh bonuses etc,and at 4th I gain some spells(WIS is 18). War domain-for longswords, is not useful if you have a Fighter class mixed in from what I remember using before(C/F) The feats are good though for Fighter,however I found preference for skill points(more class skills on Pal)and special abilities&spells more enjoyable than feats alone. The xp penalty is a sore point,my option was a MONK 3/RANGER 4/CLERIC 13 or MONK 4/RANGER 5/CLERIC 11,these have excellent class skill access also. Race would be 1/2E or Human.

:confused:Axiomatic is a pain though I must admit now in hindsight,I never fought the Elemental levels so am not sure. And I did not know a limit on enchanting weapons..lol,I missed that one somewhere..hmm so about 6 enchanment limit? I will have to discuss with the Weapons R&D Sorceress..(i just make sure not that time of the month or could have a chain lightning sent my way.....^_* )

:love:I also adapt my PCs to weapon types,my CG Rogue is the killer with Sneak attack on Scather(&with Bows),combat expertise(set to 5)and power attack (set to 6),with no TH penalty because of Scather he has +5AC and +6 damage! Yihee..and has hmm cleave...ouch.. My CG Rogue is: Wiz 7th/Rogue 7th/Ranger 6th(Archery),if reaching 20th. Mage Armour and Mirror Images is the norm..with Scather(switching to LongCBow(18) at range attack).

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  13. GuardianAngel82

You still get free weapon focus. I'd rather have barbarian with a half orc.

Why 7 wiz on your rogue? Spells?

14. kylan271

Barbarian is cool,but sadly for me,I want a Dwarf barbarian mix,but Fighter main class so difficult.

It is the spells yes. I work on Level for required spells,this being 4th. My Rogue..has main spells as: Stoneskin,Dimension Door,IceStorm,Confusion,P Killer,Globe of Inv and Invis Greater to select then(usually stoneskin). But this is way late in game so redundant unless I can kick in 7th level somehow earlier? A lot of combat is with multiple targets in area,so I have found fireball then web+spiritual weapon&spiders(has teflon so non stick heh) and ranged weapons+reach weapons main occurrance. A straight fighter type is fine one to one,but multiple targets has forced me to adapt to combat circumstances,and area attacks predominate. I use Lareths Ring of movement to kill those stuck in the web also and remain free. With reach weapons you get free AofO when they try to break free.

Sorry,for class preferences I use portraits as inspiration. Mine in use IWD ones. There are some nice ones around..but hard to find that 'picture perfect' one. Art as in my avatar image inspire me for a paladin. For me it must be portarit first then class.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  15. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

One thing I found is that burne if normally the best on magic armour and other magic stuff.

Our Host!