ToEE Front-End X Options...

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by *Nemesis*, Feb 18, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. *Nemesis*

*Nemesis* Member

Hi Circle of Eight!

I'm a new member, nice to meet you! ;)

First of all, compliments for the forum and for the ToEE's ModPack...it's great, more fun for this awesome game!

But i have a problem...in the Front-End X window, i found the Options menu with various choices.

For example, Max NPC's Hit Points (per Level and HD), Humble NPC, Number of PCs on party, etc...but i'm little confused, i don't know how this options change my game.

Who is so patient to explain me all the choices in the Options menu?

I don't find anything about this on forum and on the Web...:(

Thanks!

2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Welcome!

Monsters typically have 70% of maximum hit points. Choosing to maximize hp, they are tougher. I highly recommend this option as a way to re-balance the game slightly in the monsters favor.

Same is true for NPCs but maximizing it means that your party NPCs will always get max hp when leveling up. Nothing infuriates me more when the computer tells me it only "rolled" a 1 for my new base hp when leveling up a character.

Humble NPCs allows you total control over your party NPCs inventory. In the original game, NPCs don't let you touch some of their things unless they sell them to you. This sounds good in theory except that they hold on to some stupid things that take up space, weigh them down, and then they complain all the time.

The original game allowed you to have up to 5 PCs and up to 3 NPCs. Now, you can lower the PC number so that you can increase the number of NPCs in your group. (The only problem with this is that you will not be able to recruit Y'dey and Murfles unless you have no other NPCs besides the one that introduces your party to them.)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  3. *Nemesis*

*Nemesis* Member

Thanks for the answers...;)

The options are more clear than before, but i have doubts about the choice per level or HD...what's the difference? What's the best choice? Selecting both the options will improve the Monster's strenght better that only one option activated?

For the Humble option, all clear, i active this.

For the Party, i selected 8 PC's party...this means that i can create myself all the companions in the game?

4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I do not recommend 8 PCs. You will not be able to rescue any NPCs who may be found in various locations, if you plan on rescuing people. Also, some adventuring NPCs are quite funny.

Level vs. Hit Dice: Most monsters have only HD. Some monsters, particularly Gnolls and Bugbears have both. For example, Gnolls have 2d8 (monster) hit dice. However, there are gnolls who have levels in a character class, such as Barbarian. So, a 4th level gnoll Barbarian actually has 6 hit dice. The two game options each maximize one of the two types of hit dice (monster and character class). Got it?

5. *Nemesis*

*Nemesis* Member

Perfect, now i understand the mechanism.

Then, if i select both the options (Max HP per level and HD), i can encounter very strong Monsters, or i'm wrong?

The option "Max HP per level" regardings me and my companions, right?

Thanks...;)

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Correct.

Applies to PCs only - any NPCs (including those you can recruit into your party) are affected by the above.

7. *Nemesis*

*Nemesis* Member

Thanks to all for your answers, now it's all clear! :)

8. ben34

ben34 Member

Portraits Missing now

I think my front end x 5.5.0 is currupt this happens to me way too much I start up a new mod and BAM! I can't get 2 feet without a crash! I mean not even all then new portraits show up now>? its like the new half orc and some of the others got cut off half way down?
    I am going to try uninstalling everything possibly a game install also what do you all recomend just the front end x mabey or everything.?

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you're having such serious problems, I'd suggest the whole thing, which is the standard recommendation for a first time installation of 5.5. See this thread for everything you need to know.

@Everyone: disregarding installation instructions or skipping steps or developing any kind of homebrew approach to the whole process is never a good idea. Follow the instructions to the letter for your best chance at having a trouble-free game.

Our Host!