Stumped

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Feb 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Templar

Templar Established Member

I'm having trouble with the paladin's abilities.

Smile Evil: I click on it and it goes to the next person's turn. Nothing seems to happen even when I'm clearly against evil opponents (like drow and trolls).

Lay on Hands: I can't seem to use this on someone else, even though the manual says I can. I click on set to say how much of the healing I want to use but doesn't seem to work.

Lastly: I'm looking for Sensock (or whatever that mages name is with Hendreck)
    He vanished after the fight and I looked all over the cities and can't find him. I thought he'd be there somewhere. Where is he?

How do I get Paida (Valden's wife) out of her vampire like state?

And lastly I cast spike stones and now some how my barbarian is STUCK with it and I don't want to go back on my other save, its a way back.

The icon that he has it is still there, it says 4180/4200 (what a long duration!!) the duration doesn't diminish even with lots of rest. Not only that I've cast numerous heals and used the HEAL ability on him many times and still he suffers the effects during combat when he moves.
    Weird bug I think.

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I do not recall how smite evil works. Is it the same as the cleric's smite? Someone help me out here...

Lay on Hands should ONLY work on others - try right-clicking on the target, and then selecting the radial menu option.

Senshok is
    supposed to appear in Verbobonc, I THINK, but I never actually went back to check.
    Maybe it's one of those events that have delayed time trigger, that don't really always work properly. Like, the Verbo weapon trader never appears for me, and the woodcutter orders take months at a time.

For Paida, there's an easy solution. It's logical too... Look around the room she's in ;)

Lastly, it seems you have a spell permanency bug, congratulations! =)) Talk to Jaroo about resurrection, and you will get the option to ask him for help.

3. Templar

I still can't get lay on hands to work on others.
    Smite evil still doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for info on Senshok, I will try and find him there.

Thanks for Paida, got her free.

Thanks for permancy bug, got it fixed.

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

I know that Lay on Hands works on self OR others, not just others-- don't know why your's isn't working though.

I believe Senshock sets up a shop somewhere after the fight...

Also, I am not SURE of this, but I believe Smite Evil just adds MORE to Hit and to Damage on the next Paladin's attack that is against evil...

5. Templar

found senshock, but didn't have much to spend cos I spent it all on weapon upgrades.

Finished the game again. It was crashing too much in the fire node and too the point crashing just going in the nodes. Sadly I just skipped over it and went to the end.

But I've enjoyed crafting, talking to people here, the new quests and what not. Time for a break I think.

When I come back I might try Lawful Evil or Lawful Nuetral. I'm curious if the sword really gets destroyed on lawful evil gameplay.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ It's actually not as dramatic as it should be when you destroy Fragarach, really. Althrough, evil gameplay allows a couple of other interesting things for you to do.

7. William_2

William_2 Member

Yea, Smite Evil never seems to do anything, would like to know that one, too.

Lay on hands: default is that it will work on you, as it should. For someone else, you click on that person first, highlighting them while it reamins the Paladin's action, and THEN select LOH on the radial menu.

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I'm entirely positive that Smite for clerics with destruction domain works 100% - you get +2 (or +4?)on the next attack roll, once per day. It's been a while since I used a paladin though.

9. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

i have also had this possible error experienced with the use of Lay on Hands and Smite evil with my Paladin. Possible bug???

Other than some game crashes for random unknown reasons ( I think the first few times it was because i bought an extra backpack and bag in the beginning shop for my Bard, though i knew that they don't work in game, unfortunately. As soon as i tried to begin the game, and/ or save, it would crash, and always crash on reload. when i finally did not do this - my third attempt or so, it has worked fine since...)

THIS MOD ROCKS!!!! excellent job upgrading this game guys - the only other PC RPG close to this experience is Icewind Dale 2.

10. ethan_dawe

ethan_dawe Member

Lay on Hand will work on you or others (as per D&D 3.5.) To use it on yourself just click on it from the radial menu. To use it on another, select your paladin and then put your mouse over the character figure you want to use it on. Right click and you will bring up the radial menu, choose Lay on Hands. Then it will affect the other character.

Smit Evil works the same way. Put your cursor over the enemy you want to smit and right click to bring up the radial menu. Choose Smite evil. Wham!

Lot of fun :)

Our Host!