Who's the Hottest Joinable NPC in ToEE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Jan 6, 2009.

Remove all ads!
?

Who's the Hottest Joinable NPC in ToEE?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2009.
  1. Meleny

25.0%
  2. Fruella

1.9%
  3. Pishella

3.8%
  4. Mother Screng / Cannoness Y'Dey

1.9%
  5. Murfles / Hruda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Serena

3.8%
  7. Riana

5.8%
  8. Kella

5.8%
  9. Paida

15.4%
  10. Darley

36.5%
  1. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

no one expects the spanish inquisition!!

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Thank you! What took you so long? :thumbsup:

OH, NO! NOT THE COMFY CHAIR... :yikes:

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

My nipples explode with delight :no:

4. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

My vote went to Paida. I like Riana and Kella also, but Paida's the only one close to Darley and and Meleny in the voting, so this keeps the race closer. Darley is certainly hot, but she's also sort of ... like .... a demon. :p And I find Meleny to be unnervingly sweet and eager (plus the portrait is pretty plain).

I don't think anybody has pointed out that there are two more female joinable NPCs -- Jenna and Elysia (?). Like Paida, they're supposed to leave you, but you could conceivably take one or both of them to the end of the game if you don't take them back home. I doubt they'd get many votes (probably none) since their portraits aren't much and they don't have personality (voices).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I had indeed forgotten Jenna and Elysia, but as you say, they'd probably be disqualified anyway due to having no voices.

'Unnervingly' eager? What's so unnerving about a girl who's dedicated to learning her proficiencies?

7. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

It's "NOBODY", actually. ;p

I must nobody, somebody, anybody must leave the room. :twitch:

Anyway, I'm glad you shared this thought with us Ted. ;P

Back on topic. I think I changed my mind. Darley is the sexiest, while
    Melleny has the best personality. ;p

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Right, then ... we'll switch your vote over to Meleny right away! :thumbsup:

And you can have one of her cutesie little trademark giggles as reward. ;)

9. GuardianAngel82

I didn't even know Ted knew Czech. :p

And Meleny keeps saying, in her wonderfully perky way, "I get right on it!" :eyebrow:

10. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

Hmm... I wasn't trying to trash Meleny, but I wanted to explain the way I voted.

So, what's unnerving about her eagerness? Maybe it's not really about her, but it stems from her young and naive persona. She's eager to marry and run off with the first charming adventurer that comes through the door. To me, it feels a little like your character is taking advantage, which doesn't make her seem 'hot'.

I played through the whole game with her once, but now I just bring the wedding gift and leave Meleny behind if my PC marries her. (So I guess it doesn't stop me from taking advantage. ;) )

11. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Really not wanting to stir up controversy, but I agree with you 100%.

12. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

No controversy? But you are a self-described troublemaker, no? ;)

Anyway, I suppose I should say thanks, and, as I read in another thread, congratulations to you for beating the game for the first time. :clap:

13. GuardianAngel82

Being only 2 generations away from a hillside in Tenessee myself, let me inform you that farm girls know EXACTLY what goes where at an EARLY age. A lot of both sides of my family are still rural, and there is very little innocence in many areas, including killing animals. Fourteen is considered "marrying high" for a reason. Naivity is not natural in that environment.

Melany acts like a sheltered rich girl, not a farm girl. The only part of the stereotype of the farmer's daughter that is true is they DO want OUT!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  14. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

GA82 -- Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge in this area. I'm not looking to argue with you about the ways of real world farm girls. I didn't grow up on a farm ... though I did have some cousins...

But that wasn't my point really -- it was about my perception of Meleny's persona the way she's presented in the game (and not about my perception of how a farm girl should be). I suppose one's own knowledge and experience colors one's perception, but you do agree at least that Meleny acts sheltered.

15. GuardianAngel82

Oops! I think I gave the wrong impression. Instead of saying "you", I should have said "you all". MY error. ;)

I agree with you. Now and earlier. I was complaining about the farmer's daughter stereotype. While they can be under-educated, they are NOT ignorant or sheltered. I like small-town and rural girls because there tends to be less artifice. But I wouldn't say they were nice.

I'm sorry if I made it seem that I thought you were wrong. I AGREE with what you you said about Melany. I leave her behind too, unless I'm going to console her into Perky Death. A decent strength is enough. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
Our Host!