Level 4 questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scryler, Jan 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Certainly! Everyone can! Line up! Free hugs for everyone. Even GA82. Pimp er, Gaear, too. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

2. Reymar

Reymar Member

Maybe put some loot behind those annoying impassible curtains and have the amulets act as keys? I'm an obsessive explorer (every possible area of eack level must be explored/mapped) and the curtains annoy the heck out of me, hehehe.

Rey~

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Not commenting. Not commenting. Not commenting. Not commenting. Not commenting.

The scarabs were talismans that let you bypass the magically sealed doors on the Temple floors in the original PnP module. They also allowed safe passage through the violet fungi curtains on Level 4. There were also phony scarabs you could find as well, IIRC.

Sadly, neither the doors nor scarabs were implemented in the original ToEE game, yet strangely included. Yet another example of the "unfinished" product Troika released so long ago. It's wonderful to see how much it's grown under the loving care of it's foster family.

4. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

Just the curtains. They had no function regarding the sealed doors, otherwise the badies would have set Zuggtmoy free many years before the campaign starts.

Which is why I always found strange that Falrinth had the Orb, but never discovered the throne entrance and the (very easy) way to set Zuggy free...

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Been awhile since I read the module.

We should all be lucky I remembered as much as I did!

Even if it was only half right (half knight??).

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

Just sell the Scarabs Scryler and the Poison too...

You can probably get away with selling the vast majority of potions too... especially the Cure lIght ones... I keep just a couple- on each person with a couple spare on back ranks personally.

You're front rankers can avoid the AoO by moving 5 feet then drinking, and it is nice to have the option on them already- so give powerful potions to them...

Working on my hug...

maalri

7. Scryler

I 'rescued' Paida. Took awhile messing around with this tactic and that to get her to join the party, but she finally did. But now, in Hommlet, everyone, including Valden, is attacking the party. I had to kill two townspeople outside the WW Inn. I think even Elmo is attacking us.

I know I am asking for lots of solutions, but how do you get around this? I cast dispel magic on her by a PC (first had to raise her from the dead) before she would join...at the Inn, I also cast Disenchantment (or whatever it is called)...to no avail.

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I guess the simplest, best, and correct advise would be: Don't kill her before you cast the Dispel Magic on her.

[Edit] - Why did you have to kill her in th efirst place? Did she attack you on sight? She does not normally do that - at least, I've not seen it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  9. Scryler

She did. My character took advantage of one of those opportunity things or fought back or something.

10. Scryler

I have tried it any number of ways. Nothing works. I am giving up.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Paida will attack you on sight if you have an NPC in the party. That's a known bug. Just leave the NPC(s) out in the hall where she can't see them and she should be okay.

And yes, killing her, even if you resurrect her later, will make everyone in Hommlet angry with you.

12. Scryler

Thanks. For now, I just did the Iuz battle...am thinking I will just go on. Maybe I'll replay it after (if) I win the game. Big if, there.

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I didn't mess with any of the 'Butcher of Hommlet' stuff with the san_resurrect fix, but thats just plain silly. I think there should at least be a check to see if you are in the Temple when you kill her - if you do (deliberately or just a n00b who doesn't know whats going on and gets attacked by Curry Puff) you shouldn't face any repercussions in Hommlet, unless you actually go up to Valden and brag to him about it.

Unless anyone objects, I think I shall change that.

14. maalri

maalri Immortal

I object, but only because I have watched too many court shows.....

Go 'head, make our day!

15. Scryler

This uh noob -- who knows nothing -- wants to know now if the knighthood badges do anything.

Our Host!