Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Did you guys find anything at the Raider's Map worth showing the Bailiff? (But yeah, there's a bug ;))
    Got my numbers wrong again - d'oh! Same thing as with the Shadow Armour.

2. Kayak

Kayak Member

Yes indeed and that dialog came up.

@GuardianAngel No Tower. Darn, now I'll have to play it all over again and see if I can get it.

3. Shiningted

Lemme just add, you can get the Tower location IN the Lizardmen lair as well as FROM them.

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

A couple of glitches I encountered in this go-around (my first under the Demo Final):

When the dragon died, it spawned several rusty weapons, and a locked door in the middle of the map, right next to the treasure chest. I actually unlocked and opened the door...

The thief merchant had some good stuff when I first talked to him, after that his inventory was empty. (Maybe a problem with his "known" and "unknown" identity?)

When the one thief bought my kegs of ale, he also apparently stole a few unidentifed potions of poison I had collected. He did not steal any identified poisons, or other identified potions.

I did encounter several random CTDs, mostly, but not all, after resting in the inn (one for sure after I forgot not to rest more than once) but all were salvaged by reverting to the next oldest save.

5. Shiningted

What was through the door? ;)

Those sound like pretty clear bugs, I'll give 'em a go :)

6. erkper

The other side of the swamp :poke:

One more I couldn't remember earlier:

When Milson (head of the Thieves' Guild) talked about giving me the Shadow Armor, I actually received a Ring of Clumsiness.

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Maybe he just doesn't like you. :poke:

8. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

i just took it as milton being good at what he does ... cause he sure hoodwinked both you and i ...

9. Shiningted

Sounds like the whole Thieves' Guild is scamming people :p

10. erkper

Honor among thieves, indeed... :no:

11. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

Not that this is a competition but ... I managed to spawn two! Yea, I win; Go me!
    It happened during a fight with lord Axer when my bard cast sound burst (or was it grease?) on the temple's renforcements. Two, rather nice looking, locked doors appeared in the middle of the room, suppended in midair. One unlocked when a guard charged through it and I got a key option to close it again. (It went back to being locked (no key) when I closed it after combat) Also I managed to charm the high priest (and axer, but to the point) when I left the room and went back in (I likeit that the guards don't attack if you have axer with you) the priest dissapeared; he didn't follow me outside and he went in the room or dead on the floor (or in the temple). When I did go into the temple the legioner was standing there with no clothes or equipment on, though it did appear when it was his turn to attack. (I'm supprised at the speed hextorites can dress, it happened as a free action)

I did get ctds after returning to the keep, resting, raising dead ect, where whatever world map I went to crashed including a couple random encunters; but a ambush by a couple of gient crayfish saved me from that.

Also, When you return to the lizard men to tell them the dragon is slain, (I did like the bit where he walked across the room) the "white thing" doesn't get given to you, just the eggs.

While I'm at it, I was wondering why the poisened weapons you get from nobby shows up in the radical menu. If you click on it during combat it just removes a standard action worth of time (the green bit right?) but nothing happens, you can't attackor do anything (well perhaps move.) Also when my ranger dule-weilds poisioned shortswords the radical button becomes un-clickable. The poisoned thing doesn't work well anyway; it works for the first one, mabey two times then nothing, and this is throughout many encounters. Also I feel I should point out that making a weapon poisoned actually makes it a +1 weapon; I take it though that you had to do that to make it poisoned.

Is the provisioners wife's dialoge uncompleated as I just get numbers ranging from one to four. Some do nothing and others close the dialouge. I did manage to get hat to say questions though!

To finish this bug report in a rather anti-climatic way, I've noticed a spelling mistake. Typo really, in the translator's speach. When you ask him to speak about himself he uses the word "od" instead of "of". Not really important, but what the hell.

12. Shiningted

Yup, they're bugs. Not sure about the doors but I'll have a look.
    Eh? White thing?

13. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

(Lizardman cheif)
    [As he turn to leave the Lizardman gives you a peculiar look]
    Shamman reads signs, see many things... He says you may need this. [He tosses a white object to you.]

1) Gee, ummm, thanks?

2) Hey, take your own garbage out!

14. Shiningted

Heh, forgot about that.

The white thing IS an egg: its to allow you to complete either the Flay quest or the Spider Mama quest if you do the whole Lizard Man cycle without first triggering either of them (in which case you won't know anything about eggs and won't ask for them). If you had the bit where the chief walks across the room to fetch you an egg, then you don't need that extra moment.

15. erkper

Yeah, I got this one - with a twist. After offing the Thieve's Guild, I went back to the Keep, it was night so none of the merchants were around. The watchman yelled at me for having my weapons out, but didn't attack. I went into the Church to pass time till morning (I wanted to sell off the Guild's loot) and when I went back out to the market, they went hostile - merchants, guards, everyone. I wonder if the Guild merchant is the same faction as the market merchants - then the merchants going hostile dragged in the guards?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
Our Host!