Can't get out after defeating Iuz

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by superworm, Jan 25, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. superworm

superworm Member

So Iuz is really tough, but I managed to down him before St. Cuthbert intenvenes. The problem is, I can't change map now. Whether I'm going down, going up, or teleporting out, the game will crash. I'm playing Co8 5.5.0. Any ideas?

Ps。 I didn't loot those corpses as I knew there was only one battle left. Could this be the cause?

2. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    Forgive me for asking, but how did you beat Iuz ?? I took one look at his stats (AC 44, HP 700+) and decided that there was no way I was going to kill him before Cuthbert showed up (Prince Thrommel decided he'd rather stay in the temple than go off and get married, so I never got Scather).
    TRC

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I hear you can do it with Scather or Fragrach. I think the most common tactic is tripping him so he cant talk to Cuthbert when Cuthbert spawns (giving you more rounds to kill him). I have also heard of people doing only non-lethal damage to him, but I am not sure what that does for you.

I have never been able to kill Iuz. I tend to make evil parties, and without the holy items I cannot seem to hurt him enough. This is also a major problem for the balor.

4. superworm

superworm Member

Scather or Fragrach is necessary, equip Scorp (or some dominated high BAB NPC) with either (or both) of them. For example, the Noble Salamander's BAB is 14 without any level, so a Lv7 Noble Salamander could attack 5 times a round. Also equip a member with "Periapt of Wound Closure" to act as the meat shield and another menber with "Staff of Life" to heal those non-leathal damage every round.

If you don't mind using bugs, there is also another trick. Wiz/Sor lv7 spell Mordenkainen's Sword in fact summons forth a controllable character with a great sword equiped. This great sword has a high bonus to AB(which increases with your caster's base status) and deals 4d6 force damage, and could be enchanted…… With this sword equiped a high BAB PC should be able to beat AC 44.

5. rossik

rossik Member

i had a strange thing happen...i just wait to cuthbert to show, in the corridor. then, theres 3 cuthbert enemies (3 copies of him). and they all attacked me.

strange, he?

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Don't equip both Scather and Fragarach, it causes bad glitches during on-hit AoO.

As for the OP's problem, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do other than delete the corrupt saves and go back to the last working one. Level 4 tends to be pretty buggy sometimes. Did you kill senshok? I found that the crash may be related to that.

Our Host!