Cleaver weilding cleric

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jan 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Using a buckler also costs you the x1.5 two-handed damage bonus. That's why I never use a buckler except with a twf or archer.

Also, Templar - the greataxe is a two-hander, so your pally will have to be battleaxe/shield or two-handed sword. (I actually like to use a pally with the cleaver - craft one up with Holy and Axiomatic and it becomes a Temple-clearer deluxe!)

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Someone in your party needs to be male and Char 16+ to get Filikin's Holy Sword for marrying Meleny: presumably the sorceror. (And remember, you would be married to a little hottie who keeps saying "I'll get right on it!") ;)

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Every time Meleny says "I'm on it!", I think "Crack!" =))

FYI - if you're making a cleric with warhammer, do give him a nice shield; also there's a deity with favoured weapon warhammer iirc, try that +war domain.

4. Reymar

Reymar Member

2 really good shields if you're evil, the Drow leader in Deklo grove that appears for evil parties can be "relieved" of his +3 shield, I've done it with a 3rd level party. The St. Cuthbert head cleric (forgot his name) has a +5 shield, I've managed to take him down with a 7th level party, but it's rough, gotta pray you land a Tasha's and mug him!

Rey~

5. Templar

Templar Established Member

Yeah I meant battle axe actually.

6. Templar

lol, yes it will be my 18 char sorcerer.

And I'm putting final notes down for the party, going to make my paladin a cleaver/shield, and my druid/fighter a battleaxe/shield.

Or two cleavers for paladin. Its hard to deciede.

My barbarian last time was 1/2 orc. I'm considering a human or dwarf this time, I'll consult my manual for their bonuses.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I gave my paladin a falchion.

He used it to hit my cleric of Hextor :sadblinky

8. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Hendrack uses a 2handed warhammer, my cleric with 18 strength cannot use it with a sheild (though Hendrack seemed to do so just fine :confused:)

9. Reymar

Reymar Member

Maybe he has access to the monkeygrip feat?

Rey~

10. Templar

Odd, I thought I had my fighter in full hedrek attire last game.

11. Templar

That's not good :thumbsdow those little goody too shoes!

Still trying to pick something for Melany. I'm boosting her to 14 strength and giving her fighter levels.

Pretty sure she'll go with a 2 handed weapon. Maybe scythe, 2d4, 20 x4 on critical looks nice to. So does falchion.

12. Shiningted

I used to always give her a longspear, on the grounds that she was too weak to be in the front line of combat and didn't have a lot of options otherwise. She didn't hit with it, but she looked good missing.

In my current game she has a belt of make-me-strong, a +1 mace I found somewhere, and she's a troll, so I just throw her into melee and she usually holds her own.

13. Templar

How do you alter their race? I thought about Oolghrist if I was ever evil, but he's way in the temple anyway.

I went with mace before so I may take the scythe and then improved critical. I'm changing her to 14 strength and 14 con and taking 3 off her wisdom as a bit of a tradeoff for it.

14. Shiningted

I don't literally mean she's 9' tall and green - I mean I gave her the amulet thingy from the witch that lets her regenerate. ;)

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I don't know, I gave Melany her father's Holy Sword (since my party is evil), and she did a reasonable job with it. She will never make a great fighter, with that low strength of hers, but at least she could fight back reasonably.

Don't ask me why she's proficient with it - must be a bug. She was also able to use the Unholy Orc Double-Axe with no penalty, go figure.

Our Host!