Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackbow

blackbow Member

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I took the spider silk quest from Flay, and there was never a map location that showed. I wonder if not taking the spider silk quest would keep things from crashing?

2. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

so i pretty much did every quest available ... because i was bored i killed the members of the theive's guild. upon entering the pub i was attacked by everybody (including an invisible version of the guy who approaches you and take you into the guild). once they were dead, the folks in the market attacked. when i tried to save .. CTD. this is repeatable. kill the guild, save, CTD.

3. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

I'm sure your getting bored of all these by now ted but:
    Brand new game, hire two-swords, go to the hermit map, do the hermit thing, kill a few animials and run into undead, back to keep and rest for 8 hours mulitple times; (to heal my party) go outside the inn; save; CDT.

I can load the save but it causes an instant CDT.

While I'm at it, could be a bug but it's something I noticed. I decided to make an elven ranger with an dex of 18 (20 with the +2). Naturaly I gave him weapon finese, as I'd planed to do that I gave him a rather low strgenth (9). Why bother with a high score if it'll use dex right? (I forgot about the emburcance thing at the time, but ohwell). As the str bonus is -1; it adds that to the attack roll so my chances to hit goes down even though it should ignore that "bonus".

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Not bored at all: it all adds to the big picture. :)

I think the weapon finesse thing has been reported in ToEE, I'll look into it.

And the Spider Silk quest doesn't give you a worldmap location, that comes from the notice board.

Thanks for the error report Blackbow, got it! :thumbsup: I now have an error report and some other people's saves to check out, so hopefully something will reveal itself :)

5. Kayak

Kayak Member

Hey I just noticed that a club has a range of 10!? Can you throw them?

In addition while I was running around the raiders map I noticed that any characters splashing around in the pond left only a blue circle there and reappeared up on top of the cliff to the south. The effect goes away when they leave the pond.

6. Shiningted

1. Yes. You can throw tridents and a few other things too.

2. Now thats damn weird :blink: What'd you think of the Forestal?

7. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

ted, here are a couple that most people might miss:

1. i kept getting bothered by the same guard about my weapons. eventually he fined me, then tried to arrest me (very nice touch BTW). when i killed him, i assumed i was branded an enemy of the keep, but i wasn't. i could freely go wherever i wanted without drawing a fight. the same happens after killing the guild, emerging in the market, and killing everyone there. the guards in the fight don't count against you.

2. when fighting everyone in the pub, you have to fight the invisible version of the thief who takes you down to the guild (no palm? or something like that). you can't do damage to him unless it's cleave damage. if you don't kill him that way the battle never ends.

3. i went into the tower that leads to the ranger. i was able to speak w/ the bailiff (?) about the wizard quest i had completed. he gave me a masterwork crossbow for my efforts. i then managed to go upstairs, kill the ranger, come back down and give the bailiff the longbow he wanted even though i knew nothing about it.

i managed to kill everyone in the keep except for the guild without a CTD. i'm gonna go down there next and see if that causes it for me. i think, though, it might have been the looting from the bodies that was causing my CTD's.

ps> how did you get the raider's map?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  8. Kayak

Kayak Member

Hmm, I'd never think to whip a club at someone (golf club maybe...).

The lightning strike livened things up, thats for sure! It would be nice to know why he attacked though, just for the storyline.

9. Shiningted

He's just an evil wizard (or druid, in this case): like the Necromancer and Summoner you can encounter on the road, except he's not on the road. Nothing more (or less). No dialogue, he just attacks you.

@Joshua: Thanks for that feedback, those are all things I am going to have to fix. The old Thieves' Guild maps had some CTDs attached to it to do with looting that were unrelated to the 'CTD-on-map-change' (some badly made mobs for various reasons I won't go into) and pretty much everything in that room got cvompletely redone, so hopefully your CTD was an anomoly, but I will certainly check it out.

You get to the Raider's Map off the Noticeboard - if you have done all the other quests (which you must have to get the Crossbow) then it should be right there :)

10. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

A couple of problems I've come accross:

1) Dispite the hat seller (nice touch by-the-way) saying that she won't buy hats, you can still sell them (and other stuff) from the the usual barter way. Not really important but she did say she won't buy them.

2) My real point- The poison ricardo makes you. The dialouge mensions a red vial, indeed he says it's adder's venom i think. However what he actualy gives you a plant. While Belladonna may be toxic, I hardly think it can be made in a cauldron; or indeed from a snake.

Anoying this second point as I was rather hoping to give it to Nobby. I quite like the chat when you try to report him though.

11. Kayak

Kayak Member

Somehow I got that quest from the board without finding the lost adventurers. I still haven't found them and I'm not sure how. I tried to follow all of the leads I found.

Upon "completion" of the raider quest I got the single (bug) response from the Captain, so here is the report as requested.

With the spider quest, I first dealt with the Queen and then decided that I wanted to get rid of her. When I spoke with the Captain I was given choice of both responses and chose the "she's dead Jim". I just noticed that I can still give the other choice that she will not deal.

Also walked into the temple of Hexor in the Thorp, got into a fight, killed everyone, looted the place and was allowed to walk out by Axer. That doesn't seem right to me given his closeness to them.

12. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

at least ted fixed the part where you would kill everyone in the hextor temple, then when you fought axer he would have everyone from the hexor temple come back out and fight again.

found the raider map, came back and told the bailiff, got the dialog that says something along the lines of if you only see this dialog then it's a bug so tell ted. so there you go, ted.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Ask the lizards in the cave. You accuse them in one of the dialog options. ;)

14. Kayak

Kayak Member

Did that, was told they went south iirc.

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It should put the Mad Wizard's Tower on the worldmap.

Our Host!