Beat it at last!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jan 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Templar

Templar Established Member

Well after a brutal battle with the balor I got ready for the fungi lady and finally finished the game.

I think the balor is a little too hard. I still lost Otis and a fighter in the battle in death, and he's hard to hit. I seem to not get my best hits in until I've lost people, lol.

I took the hill giant in with me in the battle and he was charmed and used against me, making it even harder. I used up many of the charges of the golden skull before having it destroyed.

Quite a long ending too, I need to do it again cause I accidently missed the end cinamatic.
    destroying the skull only seemed to knock off 100 life from her.

It seems Kelno survived, I thought I killed him, but he had no money to do anything anyway. Married Melany, though I left her at home. Senshock escaped and I he vowed revenge, I didn't know where to find him. Otis enjoyed the adventures and did something. (I'll have to fight that again, I missed the oozes behind Hendrek to).

My two crafters were 15,000 experience behind the others because of crafting, though I may keep on that in next game with console commands.

It crashed one time during the battle and sometimes plays battle music during the video sequence.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Congratulations! btw, Were you still using Ronald?

3. Templar

thanks and yeah, and he made it to lvl 12, some of my guys were just a hundred short of lvl 13.

4. shadow5

shadow5 Member

Congrats for beating her.Senshock should be a "shopkeeper" somewhere.On crafting thats the price one pays,which is why I usually give my npc's the feat and let them do it.

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Well done!! :thumbsup::largeclap

Now play it again!

and again

and again

and again.......

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

I missed Senshock the first time through -after coming back to this game again in October...

I am nearly certain that Senshock is NOT a shopkeeper- he is the High Wizard of the Greater Temple and to get to him...

When you get in the lower leverl where the Nodes rooms are- at the Begining of the Hallway before the Electric Boxes trap- there is a passage ot the right- that leads to trolls and then some other things to kill and some other rooms- but basically once you go that way- keep going North and East to get to Senshock's room- he fights with an Elemental of each type. Two ways to get to his area- one through 3 secret doors and one more roundabout- down and east then up and east- but no secret doors...

AND - CONGRATULATIONS on beating it!! Well Done.

7. Templar

Yeah I hit him he just escaped during the battle with hendrek.

Thanks, Fungi lady was not much an issue but the balor was horrible, and mean!

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

When you fight Senshock he sometimes escapes and then shows up as a shopkeeper in the unlikeliest of places...

He has the best shop in the game, btw. Every magic item he could conceivably craft is for sale, and some I didn't think he should be able to make.:twitch:

9. Templar

That seems to suggest I should buy from him, instead of crafting.

Can he craft things onto weapons or just sell weapons with good things on them? I'm just wondering before I spend the next game 15,000 exp later buffing my weapon to plus 3 with axiomatic and holy and shocking burst. :yes:

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Well, no. I didn't mean that he sells +3 Holy Axiomatic Icy Burst Shocking Burst Flaming Longswords of Instant Death - I meant he sells things like +6 Belts of Giant Strength and Periapts of Wound Closure.

So crafting by the party still has some serious upside. Besides, Senshock is still an evil bastard, and I usually kill him for his robe and on general purposes after I buy what I want.

(I'm a bastard, too.)

11. Templar

Heh yeah thats what I'll do. Those items sound they'll help alot. Hendrek's items were great!

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Congratulations, you have just popped your Balor cherry. Believe me, on the next playthroughs to come, you'll want more. It's one of the most fun battles in the game (I wish Zuggy was as hard). He may be a bit overpowered - but hey, he's a high-level demon of ultimate pwnage, and he is not an enemy that the game forces you to defeat - he's the Omega Weapon of TOEE.

One time he charmed half of my party, so I had to stun my own charmed party members so that they don't kill me =) Another time he summoned another Balor with about the same HP to help him =) Also, one of my favourites is when you think it's almost over, and then the final fire blast kills half your party =))))

But really, you'll learn to beat that sucker without so much as breaking a sweat. A properly equipped and buffed party can work wonders.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  13. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

Zuggy, the few times I'e gotten to her, depends a lot on when and what she summons.

If I fall behind and get smothered, I just can't finish her in time.

14. Templar

I've managed to kill lady fungi without her even getting a chance to summon. The balor always summons and sometimes I go a round without even hitting him. :) but your right he's the toughest and he should be as a demon.

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'm pretty sure that the Zugg ended up being harder than in vanilla due to Kalshane's monster-proto overhaul. :shrug:

Our Host!