Questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jan 7, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I'm not sure about Ronald. per se, but Rufus from the tower leaves for Verbobonc (IIRC) after reaching level 8 or 9. I know at those levels he DOES leave to answer a summons from his king or something like that.

2. Templar

Templar Established Member

Here's another question then. Does only the Air Temple quests lead to a Henrek with the head temple priest conversation?

When I was with the Air Temple, Kelno personally went down with me and Hendrek responded on how he was surprised it was Kelno who came up onto of things. I was hoping for his reaction to other head priests from other elements.

But water proved to just point me to where to find Hendrek when I was done and Earth it seems that the head priest there just disappears once he guilds you down there. I think it said 'mysterious absent' and Hendrek was surprised to.

I'm CG, and besides the curiousity of seeing how different elemental quests pan out I'm just considering killing everyone except the prisoners of course. Is that a safe idea?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I think I know what you're thinking of. :ninja:

Ronald is a cleric of St. Cuthbert, and I've heard he has a... reaction... when St. Cuthbert shows up to stop Iuz. :notworthy

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Kill 'em all - let Kord sort them out!! :dead:

5. William_2

William_2 Member

I always kill all of them - they are all evil minions. The game works fine with that approach; you just walk down there on your own and pummel Hedrick and co.
    (One you get past that electric trap, the only bad mod from CO8, I believe. At least, I don't remeber that nuisance in the retail version).

6. Templar

yeah just testing the waters I got snapped by that trap and had small amount of life left when I arrived at Hendrek. I'll have to see a way of disarming.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I think most people do the evil quests then kill everyone (everyone evil, that is).

Ronald should initiate a small personal experience when he hits lvl 17, assuming you haven't multi-classed him.

8. Templar

My guys are level 9, I havn't multiclassed him, but honestly, how do I hit level 17? Do I hit the rest button 600 times, fighting ettins and hill giants till I'm old and grey?

It doesn't seem like there is much left to kill in the temple. I have levels 1,2,3 nearly cleared except the left corner where the goblins and oozes & slimes are.

9. Shiningted

I've never heard of anyone triggering that event, but its there :shrug:

I say take Ronald along as Robin to your Batman. What could be more fun than a long adventure with only Ronald for company? :icon_chuc

10. Templar

I do have Ronald along, he's a level 9 pure cleric just like the rest of my party. :gotmyatte

But I just don't see what the point of leveling past 12 is, unless your power crazy. :twisted:

I don't even know how it could be done, cause you get less exp each level up unless your fighting something much tougher.

11. Shiningted

What I am saying is if there is only 2 of you in the party, you will go up very quickly and very high.

12. Templar

oh I getcha! I bought the holy mace off Culmert for Ronald and bought him a good bow. I got ready to craft but I can only so much cause I just got to level 9 and need more experience points to get the add ons. This will take a while I'm thinking.

13. Shiningted

I just did the same think in my game - Holy Mace and masterwork composite bow.

14. Templar

too late for me, put feats in long bow. I'll spend sunday random encountering hill giants, oozes and ettins and trolls to get exp up and put some bonuses on these items to get ready for the big fights.

I also realised how to really prepare for the nodes and I think I'll be in better shape for them now. My wizard will scribe at least a dozen shatter scolls for the elemental earth node to prepare for the earth elements Grul Dar or something. Their 15 resist damage is tough, but I'll be ready.

I believe I'll take otis with me when its time for the last battles, I was considering rescuing the prince at that time to since I have no one skill in 2 handed swords from the scather he would give.
    He is one npc I think should not be humble. Just that its too tempting to take the Answerer. I think I'll let him go for story reasons. I'm sure I won't need him after I weaken the lady fungi.

15. Shiningted

Composite bows use the feats of the associated bow type (long or short) - they ahd their own feats in 3.0 but that was dropped for 3.5 I believe.

Our Host!