Ariel of Verbonoc

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jan 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Templar

Templar Established Member

I'm having a problem bartering with her. I tell her thats quite a selection of scrolls and she says nothing and I'm taken out of dialog. So I can't see her wares.

Anyone else have this problem?

I tried reloading before I rescued the prisoners and went to her again but it happened again.

2. shadow5

shadow5 Member

I've had the same problem in the 2 games since using 5.5.0 beta.I dont know if it's a bug with the new mod or just coincidence.No doubt people who know will be able to answer.

3. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    The Ariel Dialogue bug has been documented. You might want to check the CO8 5.5 Beta Bug Reports and discussion thread http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6687 to see what other bugs have been discovered ( and to report any new ones that you find ).
    TRC

4. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

In dialogue for her,she is missing the {pc.barter(npc)} text,her data for items is OK,but link text is missing. I am not sure how to correctly fix it???

5. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

She isn't supposed to sell anything as far as I know. You have to wait for her master to return.

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Basil,

She is supposed to sell scrolls - just like her dialog suggests. It's been broken for a while. I think the other modders were leery of working on Verbobonc while Allyx was away.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Verbobonc fixes and overhaul are well underway; Erkper's right, she's supposed to (and will) sell scrolls.

Also, I'd like to encourage the rest of you to check the 5.5.0 BETA bug thread in the General Modification forum for known existing bugs from time to time if you're in doubt. The Ariel bug is already widely reported and well known.

Lastly, please do not give 'tips' as to what edits to attempt on various game files in this forum. The last thing we need is regular players attempting those fixes themselves and causing who knows what kind havoc in their games. If you'd really care to get involved on that level, please do so in the General Modification forum.

8. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

yes the beta 5.5 bug list is good to know. I've seen a few bugs appear that are not on their though. I'm not sure if i should list them because it's hard to be systematic in checking on them.

However, BRAVO Co8 for a magnificant, constant work on this DnD 3.5 wonder game.

9. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

OK gotcha,I do not know where to list such observations on file data in game. It was not for me to fix myself,but as an idea to be looked at for Mod creators,something you may have forgotten about or overlooked? I am happy you are loking at Verbo..as you said before you were busy. So for data/text editing etc goes to Gen Mod forum,wasn't sure. OK no probs. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  10. Smythers00

Smythers00 Member

Sorry to drag this thread up from the bottom, but I would like to know if anyone is doing any work on this particular bug?

I've checked out the
    Bug Report Thread (
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6687) and I see that it is confirmed:

Just curious to see if it's a work-in-progress, on a list of 5001 things to get done (and we've only got to item #2) or it's one of those bugs we're going to have to live with.

Thanx.

11. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

As Gaear stated, they are working on a rather large overhaul of the verbobonc content, complete with some nifty new things.

check this thread for details
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=83682#post83682

Since Gaear has already said that the bug is known and she 'will sell scrolls' i would assume that you simply must wait for the next release of the mod that includes updated verbobonc content :p

If you're wondering about when that might occur, the general answer for such things is 'when its ready' :) but on extremely rare occasions you might get a more forthcoming answer if you ask nicely :yes: (little tip, its generally better to ask a modder for some snippets about how a mod is progressing than ask for an ETA :D)

:poke:

Our Host!