Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

Something that reading the other posts has triggered that i didnt know was a bug or not.

I went to kill the dragon and because i am a stealth guy i walked all the way around the edge of the map the first time and popped just the dragon. He got a breath weapon on my cleric who failed his save, so i reloaded and just ran up the middle the second time.

Second time i popped 3 giant lizards along with the dragon which totally screwed me, but by going the out and around way i got the dragon alone. Not sure if this is how you wanted it, but it is what happened, not sure if this codes anything like NWN did, but maybe you can paint the encounter area all the way across the map so you get them even if you go out and around.

Also, I find that i can run right up to alot of things. I can get right next to the spider queen, spread my guys out so i dont get hit with web and then kill her very easy. and i have to initiate combat with her. This happens with a few other random encounters as well.

Funny thing is, i took out the dragon fairly easy with some tactics, but fought 4 jackels that handed my ass to me. killed 4 members of my party before i reloaded. :blink:

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

You can get up close to the Spider Queen because you can talk to her. ;)

3. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

talk to a spider queen...who woulda thunk it. not me..i see a spider with that mark on her abdomen..the hourglass looking thing...first thing i reach for is a sword..or a rolled up newspaper.

talk to a spider..crazy stuff..pure lunacy. :biggergri

another thing that irks me..

the fact that trees dont go away when you are tying to combat. i cant see my guys, have no idea how they are positioned and i have a mage standing next to a jackel and wondering why he is taking damage. tehy should fade or give me a big circle of clearness around my party. (sorry just a small rant that in no way is the modders fault. but one i needed to vent.)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  4. GuardianAngel82

Welcome to Co8! :thumbsup:

5. biobaba

biobaba Member

I do think however the spider queen's minions should show up even if I initiated the attack first. Otherwise whacking her is quite easy...

Since she would only summon her minions when the conversation goes wrong or I tried to hide her egg

6. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

Not complaining..cause this could be a ToEE problem. But this game is very very unstable. I get a crash or a memory error that causes it to jerk unplayable about every 20 minutes.

Change a map, get a crash, start a fight get the memory error, sleep, get a crash. I save after every single encounter or after 3 move clicks on a map.

:dead:

everytime i enter hte deep swamp map my game crashes...sigh...I did the spider, went to bum king's place, went to lizard men, was going to do deep swamp before dragon..guess i will see if i can do dragon now and then harpies then go back to deep swamp.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Does your game act like that playing ToEE itself?
    Yeah, you're not the first person to mention that. I can only reiterate that I didn't place any monsters under the trees: they are all in open spaces, but sometimes you end up under the trees by the time the charges are finished.
    I can fix that.

The other bugs are being worked on :)

8. GuardianAngel82

If I have a save that produces ctd's when I go from the marketplace into a bldg, but not if I go to the swamp, should I delete it as unsalvageable. Or will it eventually clear up?

Is the only strategy to fall back to a clean earlier save?

Will reinstalling help?

Are there any other strategies, superstitions, etc?

The game is presently unplayable. After 4 games, I've rarely gotten much past the first promotion.

9. Shiningted

Hmmm... well, I would say try and salvage it, yeah, if you can go elsewhere. Try going to Lord Axer's and see what happens when you go indoors. I say that purely because I have salvaged the one CTD scenario in my beta-test game and after that was not plagued at all and released thinking the CTDs had largely been overcome.

The annoying thing is, there is no connection between the maps that cause CTDs other than they are all at the Keep (so are game.area 1). Some have mobs, some (like the Bank) don't. Some have merchants, some don't. Some have mobs with day/night regimes, some don't. :shrug: The bank is the worst one because it has essentially nothing in there, but still causes a CTD trying to load. :shrug:

I still have some ideas I'll keep trying :)

10. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

here be spoliers .....

after pouring the holy water on the shrine, nothing happens. the druids act as if nothing has happened and don't attack. when i go talk to the lady i get the "i was attacked my undead" line, but that didn't happen. if i hand over the holy water instead of pouring it out the lady gets mad and attacks, but the quest is left unfinished (blue). is it supposed to be this way or am i missing something?

11. Shiningted

Sounds bugged. How I do hate it when things I haven't even touched suddenly develop bugs :yawn:

EDIT: There should be some sort of resolution to that quest if you are not dumb (or evil) enough to use the vial: hmmm....

12. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

like i said, if you use the potion the druids don't attack. if you give them the vial she attacks you and that's it.

13. blackbow

blackbow Member

Re: Official KotB Demo Bug List

One CTD so far -

Seven party members incl. Two Blades, Brother fist, Kerrac.
    Finally figured out how to click on the postings board in the provisioners
    took two quests, the "find the lost adventurers in the swamp" and one other one, can't remember what it is right this instant.

Got to the swamp (which looks strangely familiar ;> ), killed the lizardmen (NICE setup!!!), rested two or three times (got hit by some wandering critters but survived), decided I was too beat up to continue, went back to town (marketplace), avoiding 5 hobgoblins along the way entered the inn, CTD. reloaded, back to marketplace, entered inn, CTD. No error msgs, nothing.

14. GuardianAngel82

On my 5th try, I'm now past third level. I've gotten one ctd, and it was easily fixable by going back to a previous save. I was beginning to get worried.

I'm third level, Billy is there, but his fan club is not. Is this a bug, or has the scenario been changed? TRC mntioned it, but I find myself still wonderfully informed. :twitch:

15. Shiningted

It is most definitely a bug, by the sound of it.
    Those are the traditional ways to get it:

- leave the Keep

- sleep

- return to a CTD-fest :yawn:

I guess I have to say 'only sleep in the Inn' but that doesn't seem 100% fool-proof, nor does it make much sense with regard to playing the game.

Anyways, by all means keep posting your experiences. Fixing this is my #1 priority.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
Our Host!