Its so annoying

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by gollum666, Jan 9, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. gollum666

gollum666 Member

Got to the final demon in the fire temple found that when my characters team had finaly killed the bastard the game crashed. Fine downloaded and installed mod packs ....now when i use Scather my character frezzes and the game crashes...fine ditched the bloody weapon...killed the mother the hard way.....right now to clean out the node.....killed the toads and the sorceress...just as i killed the the fire snakes and elementals gamed froze..arrghhhh...its ok though i'd saved the game just before went to reload (click on options run as adminsistrator) ....game wont start "conflict with disk emulator detected see www.securom.com/emulation for explanation"....

AArrrgggghhhhhh

im running the game from the disk not the virtual drive ...

can anyone help

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Welcome to the board!

1: Don't use Scather or Fragarach vs monsters that give damage when you hit them. The automatic AoOs cause the lockups you are experiencing and no one has ever found a fix for the problem.

2: For the disk emulation error, I would suggest you google for a ToEE no-cd patch 2 version crack. It is a sad commentary that a legit user would have to use a no-cd patch to be able to run the game, but there it is...

(Due to the grey legal status of the no-cd, Co8 will not give you direct access to a crack, but you can go find one yourself with any decent search engine.)

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

Also- I get by the no emulator by rebooting my computer and taking out the disk and then putting it back in in a second... it asks if you want to play ToEE (this is the vanilla version so say no) then give it a minute and open it thru Front-End as usual.. always works for me and no grey-area!

4. shadow5

shadow5 Member

Every time that happens I restart the computer.I've never had to remove the disk but it seems with this game things happen different for different people.But if you like the game and the great mods,it makes it worth it even with the bugs.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I get this on my new laptop sometimes, have to restart it. Damn annoying, but not insurmountable :shrug:

Our Host!