Weird Bert thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by shadow5, Jan 4, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. shadow5

shadow5 Member

I had the strangest bug yet in this game.Idoubt its anything from the mods,its probably just ToEE.My party had gay Bert as a NPC.When I had my barbarian challenge Tolub to a brawl all of a sudden a pirate says "Time to get out of here" and runs to the other end of the bar -its Frederick Bertram.After I kick Tolubs ass I have my female cleric talk to him and get the regular quest dialog,the whole time gay Berts there.If you talk to Tolub all you get is brawl dialog.When I left bar gay Bert disappeared but his circle stayed as did his picture.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

1. Had you already talked to Tolub and gotten Bert into your party?

2. Gay Bert. Is there a straight Bert? Frederick Bertram? (I rarely have Bert in my party.) :pirate:

3. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Gay Bert stands outside the pirate bar, and has a cape and a pirate hat, I believe.

Straight Bert is inside the bar, wears a bandanna (I think), and has a spear (and yells "time to get out of here!" when you fight Tolub).

I seem to recall someone saying that the first time you talk to one, it's supposed to make the other disappear. Somehow that must not have happened right away in your game.

4. GuardianAngel82

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. ;)

5. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Gay Bert in your party?

Hmmm, what is he? A fighter or something?

Something probably.

I've never actually had him join the group. I was afriad he'd be like Fruella. you can't get rid of her.

That'd be great to have gay Bert following my party around.

Cheers,

I'll have to try that one time.

6. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Ooooh, he's a sweetheart! He made by elven wizard such a happy man!! Now if Hommlett would only legalize gay marriages....

7. shadow5

shadow5 Member

Gay Bert is a fighter,as is straight Bert for that matter . Gay Bert is flamboyant ,straight Bert is more subdued.Both have average stats.The bug was weird because the two Berts were standing right next to each other.I just another strange bug in Hickory Branch.When I entered the dungeon of the minotaur ,Meleny was stuck inside a wall,she couldnt get out but she could run around the black section bordering the map.She couldnt cast spells on party members,but she did manage to use produce flame vs. the minotaur.

8. GuardianAngel82

The bug has been reported. I've never been able to get any spell effect outside the wall from the person inside the wall.

9. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Somewhat off-topic (sorry, but not worth a thread), I managed somehow to get my entire party behind the magically shut doors on the Temple 2nd Level...and couldn't get out again. Luckily (maybe on purpose?), there were some stairs up to the 1st level.

10. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Yeah, those doors are are holdover from the old PnP module. They serve no purposes in the game itself. If you got past them, you found a little "back door" bug. (EVERY pun intended!)
    Careful on not getting stuck in the next ones. Not all of the, have a nice little exit, save for an annoying reload.

In the PnP module, the doors held Zuggy prisoner on the lowest level. Every time a door was breached, Zuggy got to roam around a little further and on more floors. The doors, however, were strongly warded and magically sealed. Difficult, but not impossible to breach.

11. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

This game i'm playing i already wiped out Nulb. So it's too late to start interviewing the different bystanders in the bar.
    I'll have to interact with straight bert next time.

Our Host!