Troika Involvement

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Skeletom, Dec 2, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Templar

Templar Established Member

Have they ever talked to you guys, at least said 'Sorry, appreciate your interest, but we can't make this available for you.?'

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The ToEE engine is over 5 yrs old but there may be parts or aspects still in use elsewhere. There's stuff in the Witcher that looks very familiar even tho it's suppose to be a new engine. But i'm willing to bet it's not totally new from scratch. Game companies and writers are very protective of their materials. Not just Atari.

3. Bob Corncob

Bob Corncob Maverick Moon Miner

The Witcher was done with an updated version of the Aurora Engine from the first Neverwinter Nights.

4. Templar

Templar Established Member

so how long if ever do we wait it out to get it ? or do we :roll:

5. Stohrm Knightforger

Stohrm Knightforger Dwarven Cleric

I think we need to create a character with all the necesary stats to bluff, intimidate, shmooze, etc, etc, Atari, Bink, Hasbro, Troika, and Wizards of the Coast all at the same time; as odds are, since they all had a hand in it, it will take all of them to get any of them to say okay to anything. Beurocrats (where's my spell checker when I need it), you know.

On the other hand, rather than contacting the programmers, who have to get clearance from the lawyers (yes I used a bad bad word) we should be chatting with the bean counters and convince them that's it's time for a new release of the game.

Speaking for myself (and there again I haven't done much, yet), the only compensation I'd ever need would be my name in the credits (and even that'd probably be my screen name and not my real one and probably way down there where no one ever pays any attention).

Anyway, it's just a thought, but with the economy the way it is they should jump at the idea: they provide us with all the tools; you've done and we continue to do the majority of the work that's drawing people back to it; and they reap the reward by rereleasing it.

There again, that's too logical and bean counters don't always think logically.

Again, it's just a thought.

Stohrm

Our Host!