the forman jayla at the castle worksite...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by windmillcrusadeR, Dec 24, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

I have been unable to find the Forman mentioned called jayla (except twice).
    He looks like the slave labour with the hammers, but his name is different.
    I tried to talk to him and the screen skipped where he was and didn’t 't respond.

Another time i found him and i got a dialogue that said 1. and the 2.
    I clicked on both several times each time I addressed him and nothing seemed to happen.
    I could not read any of the dialogue and clicking each one didn't seem to matter.

Anyone else having problems with this quest?

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It's Jayfie, or something like that and he's broke in 5.5.0. Wait for the fix. ;)

3. windmillcrusadeR

ok, went back and got the same thing pretty much. i killed him and it didn't trigger the bad guys of hommlet thing.

with this bug i'm not even upset. there are a lot of kewl changes so far.

however, i still can't find the zombie/lich guy. i'm sure i'm just not looking at the right time of the day.

4. GuardianAngel82

Welkwood Bog isn't finished yet, you just get to go look at the maps.

5. windmillcrusadeR

Sweet, no wonder i just looked around.
    I blew it off and then the quest turned pink. i loaded everything over again.

6. GuardianAngel82

Blazing Saddles!

7. maalri

maalri Immortal

Jayfie can only be found at NIGHT in the camp when the Fix is in place BTW...

And if you "Pass Time" you have to go in a building and back out to get the camp repopulated... but yeah this quest is currently broken...

8. Stohrm Knightforger

Stohrm Knightforger Dwarven Cleric

I trust that you're wrong about this; as I've been dilegently attempting to ressurect Jayfie's dlg file. I've done my best to keep all the changes that were attempted and seperate portions of the dialogue into day vs night sections.

Stohrm

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sorry to come off like an a-hole Stohrm, but as I said elsewhere, I really don't want this material disseminated publically at this time. It's in a beta state, and some of the dialogue (mine) frankly needs to be toned down. I know that people can look it up in their own dlg folders if they want to, but most probably won't do that.

If you want to post your own additions and edits, that's fine, but I'd prefer my stuff was left out for the time being.

10. Stohrm Knightforger

Stohrm Knightforger Dwarven Cleric

My error, and it shan't happen again.

How does one attach things to private messages; as I don't seem to have that option?

I really liked what you had started to do and (from my own point of view) you might lose a lot of the impact if you tone it down. I'd like to make (or see you make) similar changes to several of the dialogue files. I don't know if you looked, but some of the dialogue I added was (shall we say) gruffer than yours (but then that's not part of the changes I was referencing). It'd also be great if others followed suit.

You were really on to something there Gaear and I'd really like to be able to collaborate with you and others about it some how.

So, you've slapped my hand, but now grab me by the ear and guide me if at all possible.

Okay?

Stohrm

Our Host!