Circle of Eight Modpack v5.5 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Nov 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Non bug, on topic comments.
    Feel free to move them or delete them. :)

Check what happens with normal weapons (like a longsword or morningstar).
    The glaive is a reach weapon, and maybe that could be the problem.
    I didn't have a problem (fighter with CR and a glaive), but usually the oponnents just run past the charcter (i get my AoOs), maybe the problem happens if they attack the charcter itself. (i'm not sure, but there's some rule about adjacent opponents with reach weapons. Basil?)

I had this problem only two times (in many many gameplays). The only difference i could see these two times was that i had selected a single charcter when clicked the door icon to enter instead of the full party. That could be the problem, or also/either that players with this problems have a NPC selected. Other thing could be a flag or variable interferring with Temple dungeoning, i mean, something to do with the "master" ;) of the bazaar of the bizarre.

About familiars, they're bugged (sorry Allyx :errf: ). You can summon a familiar for a PC or NPC, swap it to another charcter, summon another familiar, swap it etc etc. thus having every party member with a familiar.
    Has this been fixed?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

:no: You hijackers would do well in Yemen.
    This is probably an anomoly and almost certainly not deiberate, but its nice to know if we did have a dodgy NPC like Serena start stealing from the party, people would report it as a bug rather than enjoy the RP moment :)

3. Masked Marauder

Masked Marauder Member

Edit (correcting for only NPC casting dispel magic):

Here's a bug.

I'm using 5.5 Beta with Vista.

I'm with a CE party. My NPC cast dispel magic on Paida to restore her to normalcy. I then spoke to her and she thought she was in Homlett already rescued even though we were still in the Greater Temple. However, it DOES work correctly if a PC casts dispel magic (the script fires and she joins, etc). Please test to confirm.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0033 - [v5.5.0] Paida acts like she's in Hommlet if an NPC casts dispel magic on her - Acknowledged

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
  4. Masked Marauder

Masked Marauder Member

Another bug:

Again using Vista and 5.5 with 2.1 front end:

In Verbobone, in the temple of Hextor, if you go downstairs and speak to the Hextor priest, after the following menu option:

What is the church of Hextor doing in a good town like this?

You get 2 choices, both blank.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0034 - [v5.5.0] Blank responses in Hextor priest dialogue in Verbobonc - Confirmed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
  5. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Since the thread is becoming quite hard to track, I updated the first post with the bug tracker status info containing all the currently acknowledged and confirmed bug reports (with their post reference IDs).

- Agetian

6. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

Summoned Nature's Ally mini portrait

In the 5.5.0 HB, Meleny summoned an owl- but the initiative order portrait is of a little boy.
    Everything works OK, but that is odd. And I'm not sure how to change monster(?) portraits. How can I fix this?

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0036 - [v5.5.0] Owl familiar portrait is wrong - Rejected (Cannot reproduce and proto entry is correct)

7. Masked Marauder

Masked Marauder Member

Here's another bug. I'm using Vista and 5.5 Beta with 2.1 front end:

This one is easy to test. Copying a Scroll stack (2 or more scrolls together into your spellbook removes all of the stacked scrolls and not just one.

My example: I had Sargen scribe a scroll of shield for both Spugnoir and Burne's apprentice. I had Spugnoir copy it and it eliminted both of the stacked shield scrolls.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0037 - [v5.5.0] Copying a scroll removes all instances of it from your backpack - Acknowledged

8. grandmj59

grandmj59 Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.0 General Commentary Thread

Not really a major issue but thought I should mention it. I've found when leaving the secret ambush entrance map to go somewhere else on the world map, my starting location for world map travel is the Welkwood Bog. The secret entrace doesn't appear on the world map.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0038 - [v5.5.0] Broken tower worldmap travel dots originate at Welkwood Bog - Acknowledged

9. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

I have ProtoEd, I just can't make heads or tails of it. Sounds like a great opportunity to learn!

In the meantime, I have a different problem that starts when I loot a kobold that is armed with a spear and carries 10 bullets but has no sling. When I try to take the bullets, I get the window asking how many (1-10), the bullets stay with the kobold's body, and after this no PC or NPC can transfer any inventory object that is not a singular item. Weapons and such are OK; multiple potions, bolts, arrows, and jewels will not budge. There is no popup telling me why.

I have reloaded that saved game, and everything works fine unless and until I try to loot that kobold.

Has this come up anywhere before? :confused:

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0039 - [v5.5.0] Errors looting bullets from kobolds - Confirmed

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, acknowledged. Thanks.

Bug 0033

Acknowledged. I'm surprised you're even able to get an NPC near her; normally that results in automatic combat.

Bug 0034

Acknowledged. Like I said before, Verbobonc has known issues and will get the treatment one day.

Bug 0036

Acknowledged. Anybody seen any other familiar portrait errors?

Bug 0037

Acknowledged. Sounds like an old engine bug.

Bug 0038

Acknowledged. You really shouldn't be able to get to the worldmap from the broken tower anymore. I'll have to see if I can change that.

Bug 0039

Acknowledged. That's really weird. I'll probably just get rid of their bullets.

Here are a couple things I'd like you all to take note of:

1. I've moved several of your discussion posts to the commentary thread in the ToEE forum. This thread is indeed for discussion, but I'd like to keep that from going off on multi-post tangents. It would be best if discussion were limited to single responses by modders who are 'in the know,' as it were. In all other cases, I would prefer if you respond to a bug report or statement here by quoting it and then posting it in the commentary thread. (e.g., discussing proto editing.) That way we can keep this thread fairly streamlined.

2. Many of the bugs being reported here have nothing to do specifically with the 5.5 mod. They may be venerable old bugs that we've known of for years, or bugs pertaining to things that were never modded in this release. I don't expect everybody to know the difference, and I do appreciate you testing and reporting them here, but for many of them, there is little likelihood that they will be addressed. Examples are the 'combat reflexes feat is troublesome' bug and the Verbobonc-related bugs. Ditto for bugs that can't be replicated. So ... please don't be offended if you don't see your bug fixed in subsequent CMF releases.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  11. Masked Marauder

Masked Marauder Member

Here's something I noticed that is more of an omission than a bug:

Ashrem doesn't have any domain spells. I'm assuming he's a priest of Zuggtmoy, so he should have 2 of the following: Plant, Fire, Water, Earth, and Air (at least according to the other NPC Zuggtmoy worshippers (like Raimol) who I made into a priest after bumping up his wisdom). Maybe Plant and Air would fit best?

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0041 - [v5.5.0] Ashrrem doesn't have any domain spells - Rejected (Suggested domains not viable proto entries)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  12. HIBBJ01

HIBBJ01 Member

System details:

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 - 64-bit
    Trend Micro Internet Security v16.6

Clean game install on brand new laptop:
    ToEE - US Version - Patch 2
    Co8 Modpack v5.5.0 - Barebones
    TFE-X v2.1

Ok, I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any posts related to this issue. Every time I exit the game, I get a "TOEE.EXE has stopped working" message from Vista. Shortcut to TFE-X is "Run As Administrator". I have also tried XP compatibility mode on the shortcut as well. I have also set TOEE.exe to "Run As Administrator" & XP Comp. mode. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

I launch the game and when I go to Quit Game, the "... stopped working" message comes up. :confused:

Additional info: I am using TFE-X to launch all games. This happens for all modules (Native, C08 5.0.6 and C08 5.5).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0042 - [v5.5.0] "ToEE has stopped working" error on exit - Rejected (Known engine bug, has no effect on gameplay)

13. silvannus

silvannus Member

My system is a Windows XP SP3 (same instalation as yours) and this problem also happened to me a couple of times when I began playing. However, without changing anything in the insallation it stopped happening. I have not been able to replicate the problem.

14. Gaear

Bug 0041

Okey-dokey.

Bug 0042

This is not considered a bug with the mod. It is an old, old engine bug that has no effect other than to cause players a slight feeling of unease when they quit the game. It will not be addressed in any patches, and it probably can't even be fixed by us even if we wanted to.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  15. Gaear

Regarding bug 21a, I've finally been able to replicate the shopmap crash. As reported elsewhere, it occurs specifically if you've purchased stackable items - potions, arrows, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!