NPCs past, present, future

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Basil the Timid, Oct 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ok, as you will all have no doubt read in Gaear's thread, the next Co8 release will NOT feature NPCs leveling up by themselves, since I was not able to get a lot of the necessary features working (core feats, skills and multi-classing. Bonus feats and abilities, spells and normal class progressions work). A great pity and a lost opportunity, but releasing something that was clearly broken would not have pleased anyone.

But by all means keep this thread going re changing NPCs in future releases :)

2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Not exactly for this thread, but why does Ronald need True Resurrection to bring back his folks? Who the hell could get him to level 17 (unless he has the Turuko policy on group size)? I am sure that normal Resurrection would be enough and give a reasonable opportunity for parties to reach level 13.

3. Masked Marauder

Masked Marauder Member

Regarding good ol' Mother Screng, is the level limit for recruiting her hard coded or can it be changed? I, like so many others, have never been able to recruit the priestly marm. If the level limit could be raised or eliminated, I think it would be a good move. All the other requirements and conditions seem fair to me though.

4. Basil the Timid

I just recently researched this issue. The level cap is average 5 for the party (I suppose that means PCs only). It is written in the dlg file for Otis. If you meet this requirement, you must also have no other NPCs besides Otis in your party.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Average party level (if thats what you are refering to) is based on all 8 of the party members, but not animal companions, dominated undead, charmed folks or anyone else who might be regarded as a member of the greater party.

Since I have long since planned 'replacement' NPCs for KotB under similar circumstances, I think Otis etc are meant to join if you had a big party (to keep XP down) then some of them got killed. Some of the NPCs in the Nodes could be regarded similarly.

6. Masked Marauder

Masked Marauder Member

Lets say I leave my PCs at level 4 even though I have enough experience to be at level 5 or higher. Does that qualify to get Screng assuming I have just Otis?

7. Basil the Timid

Yes, that should work, but you can still do it at level 5 - just not 6+

Ted, would you like me to implement the changes to protos mentioned in this thread for the CMF submissions. It would be my first tangible contribution.

Our Host!