Marauder armor

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by shadow5, Oct 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. shadow5

shadow5 Member

By chance when leveling up,I noticed my ranger had a minus on diplomacy.Ichecked and its because theres a negative modifier due to marauder armor.I know theres a negative if you get the magic tattoo but that could make sense.Is this a bug or is it supposed to be this way?

2. Aurelinus

Aurelinus Member

The normal version doesn't have this penalties. Only masterwork version. According to this and to 3d&d rules it is bug, or i think of different armor than the author(s). Edit the proto and remove it.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Some of the newly added armours need standardising in this respect. However the idea is you are dressing up like a marauder - bonus to Initimidate, penalty to Diplomacy (much like running around in nothing but tattoos, yes).

4. Aurelinus

Aurelinus Member

That explains nothing, because you can wear any robe on tattos or armor which should bridge such penalties or bonusses.

If you really want to make such things there should be specifically "magic" bonuses, not a standard.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  5. shadow5

shadow5 Member

Thanks for the answers . It doesnt really make sense,after all barbarian armor would then do the same but it doesnt matter in this case because my ranger isnt a face person for the party.I was just curious.

6. Monation

Monation Member

I am also having some issues with gladiator, marauder and some other high-dex armors. My Dexterity bonus is currently +6, and Masterwork Marauder Armor's maximum dexterity modifier should be +7, but it appears it's really just +3. Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

For example here is a screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. William_2

William_2 Member

This may or may not be the problem in this case, but:

One thing I have noticed si that if in fact you have a lowered dex bonus to AC because you are encumbered, that is how it is indicated on that AC screen: as one of your items of armor reducing the bonus. From your screen cap, that character may indeed be loaded down. Check for that possibility, perhaps.
    The type of armor itself I don't know anything about (it is not part of D&D, I know that); there are relationships between character class and types of armor that have to be taken account of, but I don't know what they are for that new type.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  8. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Good call William! Encumbrance limits your Max Dex bonus AND adds an additional Armor Check Penalty (which actually shouldn't stack)

Our Host!