Quick Fix toee.exe no-cd

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kamanze, Sep 28, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kamanze

Kamanze 7th son of a 7th son

Ive got the toee.exe with the bundles already in it and wont run co8 patches and mods correctly. Unable to load 5.0.6 saying something about cant access folders. I know the quikfix would be to get the no-cd crack for patch 2.0. I've downloaded from many different sites even those referenced from this site, dont work. When running the no-cd .exe without front end loading I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." With front end loading It gives me a fatal error and closes itself. I've read about 1000 different threads looking for similar problems, no help :cry: These cracked .exe files show as trojan horse files to my comp!! :eek:mg: If I could somehow get ahold of a legit no-cd I could troubleshoot this thing. Or maybe if anyone else has heard of this can give me some help. I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER I CAN SURVIVE! I read about all the latest updates with the patch and i cant wait... thanx

(EDITED HOURS AFTER POST) I cannot find the no-cd crack that doesnt get detected by AVG antivirus as infected. Is this normal? Please help me

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's a different problem that has recently emerged; should have nothing to do with the no-cd.

They are not trojan horses. Please see this sticky thread.

I think AVG falsely detects them all. The one you want is small in size btw, somewhere in the range of 33 kb.

Just yersterday I finally switched from AVG to Avast anti virus. It has no problems with the no-cd.

3. Kamanze

Avast is a great alternative, i'll use it as well. So I guess im not the only gamer experiencing this issue? Thank you so much for a much loved hasty response, I love the support here! Well I guess i'll keep experimenting with installation options untill something else comes to light

4. iRodent

iRodent Member

I had to add ToEEs directory to AVGs 'exclusion' list to load the game with the crack. I kept getting the 'Trojan' alerts, but the ones posted on TEXT REMOVED are legit.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  5. Kamanze

Come to think of it, I guess thats not a bad idea if you want to keep AVG. But if it finds the crack to be a trogan and its not, who knows what other false positives it may find....

6. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Speaking of the first problem mentioned - the file/folder access problem - it's ToEEFE-related, and it will get solved in the next couple days (hopefully ;)) Keep an eye open for the new release of a brand new ToEE Front-End which should resolve such problems. Exact release date is unknown but it shouldn't take much longer than a couple days, probably less (unless something really serious emerges during testing).

- Agetian

7. Kamanze

Finally my wishes have been answered, it's probably that new god im praying to. Seem to get better results outta this new guy

8. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

I'm a little stuck here as I am constantly getting that 02 - cant access files error.

I downloaded the new Front End X, but I can't install that without opening up the old front end to deactivate the module. Which of course I cant do, due to that error?

Any suggestions?

9. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Yeah, sounds like you got into quite a tangle there - I mean, if the old front-end 3.xx/4.xx installation is totally corrupt (as in "I can't launch the old front-end 3.xx/4.xx without it giving me an error and closing or crashing"), I can recommend to back up your saved games (whatever you feel is necessary in your old installation), then reinstall the game, reinstall all the modules but DON'T install the old front-end - instead, install the new ToEE Front-End X and let it take care of everything. After it's up and running, activate the module you were playing, then put your old saved games into "modules/ToEE/save", and enjoy the game. Hope it helps solve the problem. And sorry I didn't offer any easier solution, but really, if the old FE is already corrupt big time, little can be done to recover that (so, reinstall everything and stick to the new ToEE Front-End X now, since it won't give you such problems).

- Agetian

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
Our Host!