Music questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Emirkol the Chaotic, Oct 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Have some questions over the music in the game, specifically as to whom the credit would go. These two areas' music IMHO is really good. Something I could listen to, at lengtj, if it were on a CD or the like!! Very well done!!

The music in the room for the "Unwanted(??) Guests" DH quest.

For the building where the final DH battle takes place (before the battle, when its empty).

Also, and pardon my being an uninformed American, what is a "cobber".
    Came across this at the end of the Frank dialogue. Not familiar with this Aussie(??) term.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Cobber means 'mate', 'friend, 'buddy' etc.

The music for the upstairs tenants is some 30-odd minutes further into the song playing in Clarisse's house. Surely you know that one? :eyebrow:

The music in the empty hall is Lord Blackthorn's Revenge: specifically its the Ultima 9 version (since different Ultimas had different versions - like Stones). Available for free download everywhere :)

3. thearioch

thearioch Need More Cowbell

Ted, you elitist b***** :) Believe it or not, I *still* don't know the source for the Unwanted Guest music...

At least give us more of a hint, please.

--Arioch

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

From a movie that came out when I was in High School, "The Exorcist".

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sorry, I'll be blunt. Yes, I was being elitist: the music from the Exorcist is Mike Oldfield's 'tubular bells', which I elitistly believe every human being should own a copy of. Its like Thick as a Brick or Cosmo's Factory or Led Zep IV or Sgt Pepper's or Ziggy Stardust - its an album I firmly believe should be in absolutely every record collection, no excuses, even if you only listen to it every other year.

The Exorcist theme is the opening bars: the 'single' off the album (such as it was) that you might very rarely hear on the radio, where Oldfield names the instruments then plays a riff on each, is about 20 minutes in, the Upstairs Tenants music is about 30 minutes in. :)

Our Host!