Regarding the last CMF

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Zalmoxes, Oct 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

In spite of the minor problems (few CTDs equiping some robes) I have one thing to say: ::joy::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

I haven't checked it out beyond marveling at the new portraits (I'm a very visual person), but from what I've been reading for months and screenshots I've seen, I have a feeling this update will be amazing.

Kudos guys. Clearly one of the best (if not) modding communities around.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

This latest cmf definitely needs its own thread. (I still think it should be called 5.0.7.)

The new weapon and equipment icons are great. Making the enchanted weapons look different from the mundane is great! I recognise a few things from Icewind Dale 2, one of my favorite games.

I wonder if the cure poison potions should look exactly like the heal potions. Do we need the old cure poison icons for something else?

I notice that Kentor Nevets sends you to the old HB in a new location. And Mona now links you up with the Temple back entrance, but in the old HB location and named "Placeholder". What is the status of the Orc Cave Quest? I'm sure Kentor is not going to give you 26 ep for clearing out HB. Is there a "new" Orc Cave also? What will end up where?

4. bigron

bigron Member

Gear told me the mix up with locations was a install error. I did a complet reinstall and still had the same problems anyone else having those problems.:cry:

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The map locations mixup fix is now posted in the submissions thread. :)

IWD 2? We didn't steal any icons from anywhere with the new stuff. It's mostly new graphics by HK. Which items/icons are you talking about?

Honestly can't think of what the cure poison potions are atm, but if they belong to the school of conjuration then they will be blue as a result of the schools/color standardization mod.

Thanks for compliments. :thumbsup:

6. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Now, that's a smart guy with taste :p

Unlike:

What do you mean?? I didn't stole anything! :rant:

Seriously, which icon are you talking? Is all new stuff...

7. GuardianAngel82

SORRY! :cry:

The bows are SIMILAR to those I've seen in IWD2. It's my favorite of the Black Isle games. I'm sure I was just projecting, I would steal the character generation from that game BIG TIME.

The original cure poison icons were fat round pink balls. Nothing else looked like them in the early game. So you didn't have to identify them.

bozo182 :cool:

8. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Really?
    I loved IWDII too, but i can't remember the bow icons...btw, one of my favourite items was the +2 short sword of the drows, the one that let you walk webs...humm, something like that could be easily done...

Woot, now that you mention it, i forgot about the spiritual weapons icons -_-

9. NLB03

NLB03 Member

In the last few days I installed TOEE on a different system and added the 29 SEP CMF 5.0.6. Love the new artwork. I am running through the beta and for the most part love the new updates. But, I have discovered some difficulties.

1. DH mod does not exist in this CMF, at least not for LG and NG parties, not sure if this is by design or a potential issue.

2. Like is mentioned above Kentner issues the Orc quest but on the map it is labelled Hickory Branch and when you visit it is the old Hickory Branch. BTW I hate that minotaur took me several tries and changes to my tactics to eliminate him.

3. The challenging adventure that Mona issues is labelled as 'Placeholder' on the World Map. When visited it turns out to be the backdoor to the Temple, which I did not enter yet. I haven't looked at anything else in Nulb yet either.

4. I have been trying to trigger the revenge thing with the traders but haven't been able to make it work, at least not the way I thought it was going too. First I trip the assassin, and take him out. Then I visit Rufus and he charges me to investigate and says he won't be too upset if it gets ugly with the traders. Then I visit the traders and yes I do let it get ugly. I killed Rannos but let Gremag go. Then I went back to Rufus he said he would bring it up to the council and that was it. Nothing about rgetting to visit the council or extra security or anything. I have travelled around a few days back and forth to my house and Nulb but nothing and Rufus will only trade now and doesn't mention the council again.

5. Since playing with the Traders I have had a few crashes. I am not sure of the cause. Nor can I pin point exactly when it is happening, because I was doing something different each it has happend. The only common thread is that all have been after I had my initial fight with the Traders.

Like I said earlier not sure if these are all issues or not. Just thought I would report what I have seen so far. Love all the mods and art.

10. GuardianAngel82

Check the cmf bug thread for solutions to some of these problems. I had them all, except the trader ones. Did you used to use Sitra's traders mod?

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

1. Fix is in the CMF submissions thread. (I probably inadvertantly did this when I was working on Renton's long dialogue for WB.) Should make the full CMF patch 10.12.2008.

2. Fix is in the CMF submissions thread. Should make the full CMF patch 10.12.2008.

3. Fix is in the CMF submissions thread. Should make the full CMF patch 10.12.2008.

4. It sounds like you're expecting the contents of Sitra Achara's traders mod. That's not in the CMF yet because it's not finished (and is in fact on hiatus right now). ATM we have only the more limited version I did, which seems to be working as intended for you. Burne won't actually engage you any further on the matter, other than to comment later on the revenge encounter - after it happens in Nulb - if you tell him about it. Presumably he took the whole affair to the council and figured the rest was his business.

12. NLB03

NLB03 Member

Thanks Gaear, if I encounter anything else unexpected I will post.

Our Host!