Terjon's holy symbol

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by jasonfm, Mar 4, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. jasonfm

jasonfm Member

I can't find it. Embry Meadows was empty when I went there. I fought lots of skeletons, and barely survived the Hill giant and the Bear (at 2nd level mostly) The only things I found were the items the Giant was guarding. Where is Rainbow Rock I have heard of?
    Help

2. scott

scott Member

The rainbow rock is roughly in the center. It looks like the other boulders except it is slightly rainbowish in color. If you walk among rocks and hit the tab key (which highlights items that can be opened), when you have the rainbow rock on the screen, it will be highlighted. You can open it like a chest and there are things in it.

3. jasonfm

jasonfm Member

dooh!
    Thanks

4. mrbiggs

mrbiggs Member

Any use for the figurine?

Has anybody found any role for the figurine? The letter accompanying it implies Terjon is somehow involved in the Temple of Elemental Evil, but I haven't found anything else about it since.

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

The letter is in regards to the copper holy symbol, not the figurine. If you show the statue to Turjon he says it's evil and you should get rid of it.

If you identify the statue, you can summon fungi with it.

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Figurine at rainbow rock.

It's worth 29gp until you identify it. You can summon fungi, but nobody will buy it. Sell it.

7. Rook Hudson

Rook Hudson Member

The fungi figure is quite useful in combat, so I never sell it. A summoned fungi can add that extra needed help to distract an opponent or outflank him/her. Some of the fungi also poison if they hit which certainly helps out. Since it weighs nothing it doesn't hurt to carry it around and, when needed, use it.

Anyway I have found useful, others may disagree ...

8. Savonarollo

Savonarollo Member

The fungi figurine took out the dreadful Sea Hag all by itself at Imeryd when I was only level 4-5 :)

9. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I guess it doesn't hurt to take all the help you can get. The end goal of the game is to get rid of the fungi demoness and her poison. My clerics are good and summoning poison fungi is not permitted. I sell it.

10. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

The fungi statue is great! Don't throw it out! It distracted the Balor for FIVE (count them, FIVE (5)) rounds. Honestly. It's useful in so many situations and there's no real penalty for using an "evil" artifact, even one so closely related to Zuggtmoy.

Our Host!