5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

The new shopmap looks great. Very nice work, Gaear!

One very minor glitch - in the weapons chest, the single greataxe is statted as a greataxe but priced as a handaxe. (I didn't actually buy one to see how it really performs in combat...)

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Installed the 2 patches for DH and HB. Everthings working fine and looks even better!

Sincere congratulations and a job well done to Geaer, Ted, and all the rest!!

An entire standing ovation for you guys below (use your imagination!)

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:

And also a big, big, big, :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

This one was all Gaear :)

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Yeah, I know, but I can't go around marginalizing your contributions.
    DH has had me laughing out load at times!

All the work you've guys have done IS ALL GREATLY APPRECIATED!

5. bigron

bigron Member

When I completed the Mona Orb quest, I asked for adventure and she marked my map. Came up Place holder but it takes me to where welkwood bog used to be. But the Map that comes up when I go there is the back entrance to the temple.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Reinstall. That is not normal.

7. Taldaas

Taldaas Member

Ok, I have reinstalled 4 times, anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Step 1 Uninstall ToEE
    Step 2 Delete the Atari folder completely
    Step 3 Use install disk to install vanilla ToEE
    Step 4 Install Patch 2 (I always get a file not found so no updates done first, then I get an update successful message with this. Is that normal?)
    Step 5 Install Co8 Mod pack 5.0 (All options selected)
    Step 6 Extract CMF top folder in the list to my Temple of Elemental Evil folder (I only have the recent update of 5.0.6, not the previous version of it)
    Step 7 Move the stuff out of the "FrontEnd" folder into the appropriate folders as outlined by Graer b/c I always get the 0002 error if I don't.

So far following these steps I have lost the ability to get Lila to work for the DH quest and nearly all of my portraits look like a black box with a mouse pointer in the top left.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need another supplemental patch somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

8. Shiningted

There is a patch for the Lila problem in the CMF thread (very new, not in latest CMF pack).

Re your portraits - are you choosing a portrait pack with the FrontEnd? You shouldn't - the latest CMF has new portraits and voices included. Ignore the 'change portrait pack' button and just start the game.

9. One nd

One nd Member

Gweeno's sonic crossbow shows up as a blue robe.
    BTW, who is Gweeno and is she high or what?
    Also, several random encounters in swamps, still no swamp lotus.

Fantastic so far! You all are at the top of the list should I win the lottery!

10. Shiningted

I'll have a look at the sonic crossbow - there is a chance it was given a custom model.

Gwenno is the wife of a famous bowyer.

11. One nd

One nd Member

Update- found swamp lotus
    compleated DH
    - Thommel has yet to reward
    hold person is only lasting one round

I am getting a lot of critical misses- have the dice been loaded?

12. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

You have met OUR old friend, the Mersenne Twister. Solution: win anyway. Oh wait, you already have, haven't you?

13. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I won't swear to it, but I've had several games where I had trouble getting Thrommel's reward party to show up. I have spent months of game time travelling from Nulb to Hommlet trying for the reward encounter to no avail. My theory is that after you pass the required time, you have to enter and exit the same map that Thrommel left the party from before his troops will show and give you the reward. In other words, if you exited the Temple via the Burnt Farmhouse when you rescued Thrommel, that's the map you need to go back to before the reward will show up. Works every time for me...

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've done 8 reinstalls for the new 5.0.6. Nevets sends you to the old HB at the old Orc/Ogre location. Mona sends you to Placeholder, which is the back tower of the temple. Enter, talk yourself out again. Now you are on new (unknown) map. Leave by worldmap. Caves for Orc Quest are now on list. Enter, kill Nevets' Orcs, proceed...

This may be a bad install, but it seems stable (haven't gone that far on every reinstall), through multiple installs. No new HB, yet. No problem. I can wait.

15. ben34

ben34 Member

I was wondering if this submission thread was up for some new ideas for the next build, I like how verbonc is added as a town and I think new areas are a must. My big thing now is the wizard tower and the church basement as well as the old Inn basement because I believe with all the templates from the beginning alignment senerios would be perfect if that is all the templates accessable now than it should be enough. Any ways the basement in the wizard tower has at the very last floor a well off to the side I believe with a magical rope you could put an Underdark Cavern style series of areas accessable with a rope or even just like the well exit make it a simple transgression either way it is a great spot to make a secret entrence to more levels. The other two basement have all kinds of secret passage potential like in the Inn you could make an oblivion style brick-wall secret passage or next to that pile of rocks somewhere, i will leave it up to the makers of the next build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!