Weird bug with "Good Hope"

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Everian, Sep 29, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Everian

Everian Member

I used Good Hope in the ice elemental node fighting the giant frog and friends :D (no idea

what his name was). Spell broke cause Zaxis wasnt able to keep his concentration. My gr.

made it nontheless. We escaped via Teleport to The welcome wench and rested. My sorcs

and my barbar had a few permanent spells on, nothing unusual after lots of witchcraft for

a boss encounter. So my next step was Jeroo the permspellbanner. He did his job with all

spells for the sorcerer and the barbar but my bard and the sorcerer had still these Good

Hope gold shimmering around their heads. Jeroo wasnt able after repeated tries to break

it.

I tried to use Good Hope again on these 2 but i got a weired concentration failed message

DC 1031 or so. I ignored the message and tried it again. Spell was cast but was instantly

permanent. I tried Jeroo again and he ceased the spell with the bonuses but not the

shimmering. I loaded and tried again a few different approaches to no avail.

And now comes the really weird thing. The damn bard, and only he, has the shimmering

in all my saved games. Even in pretty old ones.

Does anybody has a tip, maybe with a console command or something to repair my game.

[edit] Even clearing the cache sadly doesnt help

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  2. Rodzaju

Rodzaju Member

Is he wearing any headgear?
    I remember reading that spell effects attach to headslot items.
    If he is, try taking it off.
    The effect should dissapear.
    Then put it bck on again.
    If that fails, maybe someone who knows more about it could help?

3. Everian

Everian Member

Zaxis is going total crazy by now. He gained lv. 10 and i tried inspire greatness on someone and its not only not working e.g. no bonuses at all but the small sign attached to the icon of the char doubles all 6 secondes=1 round untill a total of 5 were reached. Looks like all my recent problems are his fault ;D.

Rodzaju thx for the tip but none of em has anything on the head. I tried to uncloath both the sorcerer and Zaxis but it wont end.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
Our Host!