5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodzaju

Rodzaju Member

Hmm.
    I'm probably not the most qualified to answer this, but it sounds like (for whatever reason) the change you made to number of players has failed to take effect.
    You can check this in "Templefrontend.ini".
    It will have a list of true / false statements & then a few numbers.
    The first number is the number of PC's.
    If this is still 5, then the change failed.
    Try just changing it to 6.

2. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf agricola

I don't have any sort of moral problem with the brothel material, but it does seem rather out of place in the setting. The first time I found it I was more surprised than anything. I thought, "Wait a minute - am I playing Fallout?" It almost made me laugh, actually, since it reminded me of (if you've ever seen it) an old Monty Python bit where Eric Idle is reading a fairy tale that suddenly turns x-rated.

I'm not opposed to sexual material being in the game, but it's a tricky thing: it has to be done well or it risks coming off in an adolescent, "tee-hee" sort of way.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Gaear, when I unpacked the new cmf, I got a message saying the Hickory Branch file is "broken". This happened earlier when I dowmloaded the Hickory Branch Mod separately.
    I redownloaded the HB mod and unpacked it. I didn't get the error message the second time, so I applied it. My new game hasn't gotten that far yet, so nothing to report.

What Portrait Pack do I choose to see the new portraits?

Added: Redownloaded CMF, unpacked, no error message.

Deactivated 5.0.0, applied to root directory, preparing to fire her up...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I suspect you just have to run the game and they are there - there's no option not to have them ;) Its all portraits and all voices all the time from now on, win win win :mrhappy:

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Aye, it's as Ted says. :)

6. GuardianAngel82

1. It's definite. No new portraits at character creation. All Portraits and Play File bring only the originals and a huge group of arrows. Should I make no selection at all?

2. The "0002 error file can't be found" has scuttled 3 builds now. They were:

a. fully functional 5.0.6 with sitra's mod + new HB + new portraits, deactivated, with new 5.0.6 on top - 1 start, 0002 on second start- DELETED

b. rebuild (disk/patch2/5.0.0/new 5.0.6) - same: 1 start, 0002 on second start - DELETED

c. rebuild (disk/patch2/5.0.0/old 5.0.6) - starts - restarts every time - deactivated, applied new 5.0.6 - 1 start - 0002 error every time even after restarting computer on 2 of the attempts

The "0002 error..." non-start problem seems to be an artifact of the deactivated module application method. I don't normally get this problem. Remember, it STARTS the first time, when the 300mb file is created. But when I stop to get back to the frontend to try to get the portraits to work, I can't even get to the frontend.

Is there anything else you want me to try or look at?

7. Gaear

I always get that 0002 error now too, even on the completely clean install I just did today to test all this. :( Unfortunately, only Agetian can answer Front End questions. I have no idea what's going on with that.

I do have a temporary (if cludgy) solution though. After you deactivate the module and patch with the CMF, do this:

[see post 1169]

Also GA, forget you ever knew of a 'Play File' or an 'All Portraits' file or even a 'Change a Portrait Pack' button in Front End or anything else having to do with the old portrait packs. A properly patched game should yield a whole new fresh crop of portraits whether you had the old stuff installed or not, and that old method will never be used or supported again.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  8. BigLittleBoy

BigLittleBoy Member

I have just reinstalled ToEE and CMF 5.0.0, then unpacked new Cumulative Mods pack on top of these installments. Now game doesn't work. I'm unable to open ToEEFE. Only massage about multiple folder detection appears. During Cumulative Mods instalation CMF module was deactivated. I guess i've done something wrong.(bad english, yeah i know...)

9. GuardianAngel82

Wilco!

BTW, the portrait choices are on the front end and already slected from running the old 5.0.6 module. The new portraits didn't show.

Will try again and report back.

GA82 Out

10. GuardianAngel82

Found New Portraits. Simply fail to choose "Change a Portrait Pack" on a clean install. It looks like the new ones are from 2 sources: some original fantasy artwork and some photoshopped photos of popular stars. One looks like Karen Valentine. I haven't seen her since Room 222. She's my new rogue. I'm happy to see new artwork. Good Job!

I'd like to burn some of the original portraits and replace them with some of the old portrait pack ones. Does this require a crack? Is there a thread for this?

11. GuardianAngel82

No go on the 0002 error fix.

Clean rebuild and start. Created party went to new shop map. Stopped. Tried to start - 0002 error.

Tried fix: Movies to Data and contents of Sound to Data/Sound/Music. Tried to start - 0002 error.

What file is missing? Where should it be? What calls for it? Are these Aegetian questions?

What would you like me try now?

12. bigron

bigron Member

So far so good on the new changes. Portraits look great, new item icons are wonderful. No bugs so far on new game just arived in Nulb. You all make this game better and better.:joy::joy::joy:

13. GuardianAngel82

Hey Mr. Bigron, How did you get it to start the second time after you applied the new CMF?

14. Gaear

Okay, my special instructions were a bit goofy. Try this instead:

After deactivating the Co8 module, patching with the latest CMF, relaunching the Co8 module (despite getting the 0002 error), quitting, and then failing to launch the Co8 module (while getting the 0002 error):

1. Navigate to your ToEE directory in Windows Explorer
    2. You will see a folder there called 'Front End' (amongst 'data' and 'modules'). The Front End folder contains two subfolders - 'movies' and 'sound.'
    3. Move the movies folder to 'data' (this is still the Co8 module even though FE doesn't think that's active).
    4. Move the contents of the sound folder to data\sound\music. Do not move the entire folder there.
    5. Delete the folder 'Front End' from your ToEE root directory.
    6. Now Launch Front End. It should start.
    7. Launch the Co8 module. It should now start.
    Strangely (but not totally unexpectedly), I can now get FE to handle the switch properly about half the time, which of course just makes it that more more problematic to troubleshoot. Normally it works when I don't want it to (trying to reproduce the effect) and doesn't work when I want it to (just trying to test). :(

Apologies for all this fuss, but there's really nothing I can do. If these FE problems persist in widespread fashion I'm simply going to pull the CMF until they are resolved.

15. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I hope I'm not violating the posting rules, but I can't access posts for this thread beyond page 33...the numbers run off my computer screen after that. Anything I can do about that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!