5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Hehe, something like that.

They both mean good luck, but the first one can
    be sarcastic. ;) And no problem.

BTW: Goodbye is "Do widzenia" .

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Spellcraft check, I tihnk you will find.

EDIT: 5 posts in 7 minutes - this thread is on fire!

3. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

"Creating Scrolls

To create a scroll, a character needs a supply of choice writing materials, the cost of which is subsumed in the cost for scribing the scroll—12.5 gp × the level of the spell × the level of the caster.

All writing implements and materials used to scribe a scroll must be fresh and unused. A character must pay the full cost for scribing each spell scroll no matter how many times she previously has scribed the same spell.

The creator must have prepared the spell to be scribed (or must know the spell, in the case of a sorcerer or bard) and must provide any material component or focus the spell requires..."

[From www.d20srd.org]

So, the wizard should be able to scribe the scrolls of only known AND castable spells.

But what I wanted to say is that there is no option to scribe that scroll no matter what level the wizard is - the scroll is not in the list at all.

4. Shiningted

Yeah sounds like it has to be added to one of the crafting files. Thats Allyx's job ;)

5. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Very good. Without this the whole "Dominate suggestable monster" thing is a little unfinished.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Huh, that's really weird. There should be nothing in the structure of the mod (how the new voices are situated) that would tell the game to use one in the new range for one in the old range. Will have another look, thanks.

Re: Dominate Monster scribing, weird too - I remember adding the scroll to protos.tab. I think. Will also have a look. :)

7. Shiningted

Thanks, Gaear. It probably goes in the 'item_creation.mes' files in Rules as well. Never modded those myself.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

On the new Voice Pack:

Minsc's (BG) voice is now a women's voice.

Annah's (PT) is now a man's. (Not sure previous voice was Annah, maybe another women.)

Was the new v-pack supposed to support old voices? Is there a way for us to change the voices of old characters, anyway?

9. Gaear

D'oh, now I get it: you're using the old P&V pack. Yeah, it will definitely interfere with those voices, but it should not interfere with the stock voices ToEE shipped with. Being as P&V packs will no longer be supported, this is not an issue I contemplated at all. I think we'll just have to advise that the new voice sets are not compatible with the old P&V packs.

I don't think there's any way to change voice sets on an already rolled up character, but you coud try the edit thing in the character pool screen.

10. GuardianAngel82

The one that says "rename", and doesn't seem to do anything else? Or have I missed something?

11. Gaear

Yeah, that's probably it. Sorry. :blush:

12. GuardianAngel82

S'cool. My old-timers use the original voices. My first original mod could be actually making PC or NPC Annah, Jaheira, Minsc, etc. Seems it would be so simple, an idiot could do it. So I'm under-qualified now, but someday...

Maybe we could use the frog tongue for Annah's tail...:eyebrow: (It's the brogue in her voice, I tell ya. Though baby does got some SERIOUS back.)

Real question:

Where do I go to change an already-created character's voice file? Does someone know of a crack? Do the hex-modifiers do it?

13. marianomdq

marianomdq Member

This is my problem...

I switch in the Front-End menu the PCs of my party to 6... but then i create the party and i can't add 6 PCs... only 5 as ussually...

And no mather what number i select, it only let me add 5 PCs...

Help! lol

14. Rodzaju

Rodzaju Member

When you create your party, it will only show 5 portraits at the bottom of the screen.
    However, all 6 pc's should be highlighted & should be in your party once the game starts.

15. marianomdq

marianomdq Member

No...

The game starts and the party its conformed by the first 5 PCs just added...

I even go to the Inn in Homlett and try to add a PC from the book... but that dont work neither...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!